DG  (Login DavidGedge)

Not even on the bench

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
scum8ter
(Login scum8ter)

Re: Looks Like Wood Going

August 19 2017, 5:56 PM 

Burnley ffs, he'll be back in championship next season playing in front of 11,000 .

Respond to this message   
Vinnie Jones
(Login vinnie-jones)

August 19 2017, 7:55 PM 

Let's not beat about the bush here boys, but good fucking riddance. If the guy can't see what is happening at ER, with this ongoing project toward now & the future then fuck him. I've watched the highlights from the last few games as I'm away & some of the sitters he's missed & one on ones is fucking embarrassing. A £20 million player puts those chances away in his sleep. Chris Woods is not a £20 mill striker, average at best. Yeah he scored 30 goals last season, but even I could've scored fucking 20 of those. He was shit the season before & on the scrap heap from his Leicester failure, so put the pressure of that much money on him to perform & he won't be able to handle it. He'll do fuck all in the prem, I guarantee it. Cashing in on him is a fucking brilliant bit of business. Offer him an extension to check where he's at & when he refuses it sell the cunt whilst we can get money for him. If he was ambitious to play in the premiership he wouldn't be going to fucking Burnley, it shows his lack of ambition, what the fuck are Burnley ever going to do in all honesty? It's all about the pay packet. So go on Chris Wood, fuck off to world beaters Burnley & disappear into the annals of obscurity rather than stay at Leeds & be written into the journals history..!!

Respond to this message   
Lakebledwhite
(Login slovenia67)

August 19 2017, 9:24 PM 

Spot on fella, I said it last year on here he'll be gone in a breath first bit of interest, after that sarcasm at ER I knew he was a cunt I'm glad he has fucked off I never felt he was suited, fuck his goals, the lads today to a man made me proud as they did at Bolton that is a Leeds team, when up against adversity they dig in and fight, today I lost count of giving the ball away and misplaced passing but you know what they did not give up ....injuries and bad luck in droves but they don't give up....utterly proud

And in Regards the new coach....I'm eating humble pie by the ton.....fucking buzzing.

Respond to this message   
Shaka
(Login scrabblerSE22)

August 20 2017, 5:22 AM 

I guess it's the way of the world in a multi-million pound industry. The only loyalty attached to a football club are the supporters, we can't just suddenly fuck off and follow a club that wins trophies and plays in the Champions League, it would never happen. Players and managers in this day and age only think of the wage packet, some are not even interested in winning trophies or enhancing their careers, they're happy to sit on the bench as long as they get a fat weekly wage.

Who's to say if our new manager has a great first season and better offer comes along, he doesn't fuck off elsewhere. We're not an attractive proposition for players or managers who have one decent season, we're a stepping stone.

Don and Billy must be turning in their grave considering the likes of Bournemouth, Burnley and Norwich can cherry pick our best players or players with potential.

The only way to stop this is to get into the Premiership. As for Wood I think he will end of like Becchio and Beckford, the Premiership will be a bridge to far for him.

We'll miss his goals however he's still a very limited footballer, recent one-on-ones have proved this.

Respond to this message   
ovy
(Login ovywhite)
Leedssc Moderators

August 20 2017, 12:50 PM 

I echo what vinnie says and last year apart I hated the useless lump, his actual goal tally (boosted by last seasons wonder one off season) is 1 in every 2 games which is exceptional and has reflected on his price.
It's not his worth to Burnley it's that bothers me it's it's his worth to us, could / would he have hit another 25 this season I doubt it very much but we'll never know now, it's what we do with the cash, before radrizanni the owners would have simply trousered the dosh, hopefully we will invest in another player/ players to further boost the squad we have, desperately in need of a steely midfielder centre half and centre forward, I see that hughill who battered us last week had another cracking game yesterday for Preston.
I fully expect wood to be the target of abuse at Burnley before the season ends.

Respond to this message   
DG
(Login DavidGedge)

August 20 2017, 2:27 PM 

I know I'm probably in the minority on here, but I have to say that every time I see Cooper play he always has a decent game. Admittedly I no longer go week in week out but I think he's a decent enough player for the championship. I would be spending the lot on either McCormack, Lee Gregory, or Hooper from the wendies and a replacement for Hernandez, who always looks shit. But as I said in a previous thread, we've made a decent start to the season.

Respond to this message   
KentWhite64
(Login KentWhite64)

August 20 2017, 3:13 PM 

Disappointed more than anything.
Wood was a nomad b4 joining us, in an out off teams/loaned everywhere, never settled with a poor goal return. With us he found a home played regular and scored a shed load 'o goals. I don't think he'll stay in the burnley team as a think Vokes is a better prem player.
Gregory and Hooper don't score enough goals and i'd only touch Mccuntchops with the toe of my boot as i kicked him in the teeth.
The Kraut that's being touted doesn't fill me with joy and it's that late in the transfer window is the worry, hope TC can pull 1 out of the hat, what's happened to Ings at scousers he'd run riot on all the thu balls from Henandez/Saiz and Alioski.

MOT

Respond to this message   
DG
(Login DavidGedge)

August 20 2017, 3:49 PM 

Ings is on about 60k per week. Well off our radar.

Respond to this message   
Spezial
(Login spezial)

August 20 2017, 7:52 PM 

Wood has gone, and it will be difficult to tell whether it has a detrimental effect or possibly even a positive effect on the team short term. We could be sometimes one dimensional with Wood in the team, and after two goal-less games with Wood missing chances, we found a way to bang a couple in yesterday. Wood should have scored plenty for us, everything was geared towards him being on the end of most of the chances we created. Without him, we may play a different attacking style that leads to more players sharing the goals. Wood was one player we could ill afford to lose for 2nd half of last season, but he was actually lucky to get back in the team after he was injured, because we played some good stuff without him, and after we smashed 4 goals at Preston in our best display of the season without him, it just showed that sometimes you can get fixated on trying to supply one man and basing your whole team shape around it. It is hard to quantify the ultimate impact any player has on a team, and Wood is a case in point. If we now go on a good run without him, as we did last season, it could be a blessing in disguise. Conversely, if we struggle to score goals for a few games, everyone will be moaning how much we miss him. My thoughts on Wood at Leeds, soft and lazy for too long at the club, but latterly a far better player who upped his work rate and put himself about more like a genuine team player. Credit probably to James Beattie, who will have told him in no uncertain terms,you can't just fuckin ponce around doing nothing for the team other than stick the ball in from 6 yards when your team mates have layed it on a plate for you. Credit too to Wood for improving himself immeasurably in his last 3 or 4 months at the club. Time to move on, and after 180 minutes without a goal, yesterday proved there is more than one way to skin a cat.

Respond to this message   
Gipton
(Login giptonwhite71)

August 20 2017, 8:50 PM 

I almost sensed a bit of optimism there.
I don't think he's that big a loss to be honest, scored the goals but as you said the team played to service him exclusively at times and probably neglected other talents in the team. Not too sure about Jordan Rhodes as he's name keeps cropping up.
I think Wood shows a bit of a lack of ambition going to Burnley but at the same time can't really blame him with how much more money he will be getting.

Respond to this message   
DG
(Login DavidGedge)

August 20 2017, 9:05 PM 

Wood is probably wise enough to know that the Premier league is going to be a tough ask for him, so I don't think he's lacking ambition by joining Burnley, more maximising his potential and punching above his weight so fair play to him.

We need a replacement though because we will struggle at home when people park the bus. If Rhodes is an option I would be well up for that.

Respond to this message   
Gipton
(Login giptonwhite71)

August 20 2017, 9:31 PM 

Rhodes hasn't cut it at his last 2 clubs could be a spent force now. I don't think Wood will cut it in the prem so probably is the right choice for him.

Respond to this message   
protier
(Login protier)

August 20 2017, 9:44 PM 

A couple of names, buy Nahki Wells and loan Wifred Bony from Man City

Respond to this message   
DG
(Login DavidGedge)

August 20 2017, 9:46 PM 

Bony going back to Swansea by all accounts.

Respond to this message   
Vinnie Jones
(Login vinnie-jones)

Protier.

August 22 2017, 7:55 AM 

Nahki Wells?? Really? I'm not a fan of playing one man up front, as it's been mentioned already, that if you only rely on one player up front & anything happens to them then your game goes tits up. Our game plan came unstuck at the end of last season playing this way, hence missing out on the play offs. So why the fuck would you want Nahki Wells? He's 5ft 7, so he's not a towering target man or any good for corners, he's been slagged to fuck every tie he's played at Leeds, so I'm sure he'd love to come here, & his goal record for the last 4 seasons is 10 goals per season. Hardly a class striker is he...

Respond to this message   
KentWhite64
(Login KentWhite64)

Re: Protier.

August 22 2017, 10:46 AM 

Doukara off to Osmanlıspor in Turkey we should do a swap and get Chiek Diabate or go all out for Roger Martí.

MOT

Respond to this message   
DG
(Login DavidGedge)

August 22 2017, 11:04 AM 

Agreed

Respond to this message   
ovy
(Login ovywhite)
Leedssc Moderators

August 22 2017, 11:57 AM 

I know, I'm driving the fat arse unless cunt to t'airport.

Respond to this message   
KentWhite64
(Login KentWhite64)

August 22 2017, 2:32 PM 

Ovy give 'im a big kiss tara and tell 'im we'll miss him 😂😂😂😂

MOT

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

***** http://www.leedssc.org.uk , averaging 60,000 hits per day *****