<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Untitled

August 24 2017 at 1:39 PM
KentWhite64  (Login KentWhite64)

Jay-Roy Grot just signed, very interesting
£750,000 up front £750,000 in add on's plus sell on fee
been given No 11 shirt (so 1st team not under 23 squad)
19yr old
scored 6 in 23 for a relegated team last year (whilst only 18)
6'4" pace and ball skills
been likened to John Carew.

Chris who????

MOT

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
KentWhite64
(Login KentWhite64)

Jay-Roy Grot

August 24 2017, 1:41 PM 

Jay-Roy Grot just signed, very interesting
£750,000 up front £750,000 in add on's plus sell on fee
been given No 11 shirt (so 1st team not under 23 squad)
19yr old
scored 6 in 23 for a relegated team last year (whilst only 18)
6'4" pace and ball skills
been likened to John Carew.

Chris who????

MOT

Respond to this message   
Spezial
(Login spezial)

Let's see.

August 25 2017, 8:41 PM 

I'll be honest Kentwhite, the sums don't seem to add up here. What I would look for in any centre forward would be pace, height, and technically ability. That would have to worth £15 million of any clubs money for a punt on a 19 year old with those credentials. How the fuck have we got this kid for peanuts? Tell you what, let's have a look at him and we'll soon know how much pace and technical ability he has, and how we could shape his game and make him a better player. What you have got with the kid already, and what can't be taken away, are allegedly pace and height. He ain't gonna shrink, and barring a terrible, terrible injury, he ain't gonna get any slower. If he is anything like the young lad who played up front for Everton the other night......happy days. He may be a bit weak, who knows, he still has time to fill out. And if he doesn't have a nasty streak or the commitment, he'd better get it fuckin quickly, cos the Championship doesn't take any prisoners. I'm still not sure bigger clubs than us would be so lax to miss out on a 19 year old with such "potential", that's probably why it seems to good to be true. Fingers crossed.

Respond to this message   
KentWhite64
(Login KentWhite64)

Re: Let's see.

August 25 2017, 11:44 PM 

As i said interesting (NOT lauding him to be the next big thing) just pointing out decent stats 6 in 23 for a struggling side at 18yrs old ain't bad, at a decent price deffo worth a punt.

I would suggest we have (in English football) got carried away with £££, in holland, belgium, spain and italy etc you can still buy at normal prices, Saiz as an example only £3mill, how can he be any good?? yet if he carries on in the same manner as his start, would be in our market a £15mill player come May, would we have made him a better player/worth more or is that our over inflated market (i.e. £10mill for Gestede hahahaha).

Fiorentina were interested in June but wouldn't pay the fee asked, we don't know why and can only guess.

Re: pace, height, and technically ability, wood only had 2 out of 3 yet scored 30 goals and in our market, valued at £15mill.

So far TC's signings have been positive (Saiz,Alioski,Anita,Pennington) or undecided (Wiedwold,Klich,Ekuban) i don't think anyone can point to a stinker....Yet.

Our posts are similar in that we don't know and hope for a result with the lad, the main difference is my post wasn't weighed down in the mind numbing, lose the will to live, negativity that, i've got say is a little tiring.

Chill pills and big smiles all round fella.

MOT

Respond to this message   
Spezial
(Login spezial)

August 26 2017, 8:33 PM 

Question; How many menstrual cycles can one man have in a month ?
Answer; You'd better ask Kentwhite, he's had quite a few in the last couple of weeks.

Think you'd better have another look at my post that was "weighed down with negativity". Can't see one negative thing that I've said, think it could be you needing some happy pills. I think you may have got a bit obsessed with point scoring mate, and you seem to miss the underlying message behind contributors posts. Anyway, what we can glean from tonight is that he looks a good physical specimen, well developed for a 19 year old . Didn't have chance to really assess how quick he is, but he looked good enough with the ball at his feet in the short time he was on. If he turns out to be a decent player, that is a real result for what he cost us in the timeframe we had to replace Chris Wood. I'll reiterate my original point, he could be a steal at that price and I can't believe the scouting networks that bigger clubs have managed to miss out on him for relative peanuts.

Respond to this message   
KentWhite64
(Login KentWhite64)

August 26 2017, 10:54 PM 

love the menstrual cycle joke did actually LOL.
Listen fella just my observation but i do think that (to a degree 'cos of the 13 or so yrs of shit we've had to put up with)there is an overriding negativity towards unknown/inexpensive signings/manager.

My thoughts are we(English Football) are not the centre of the universe and people we've never heard of/don't cost much are not by default shite.

If you truly believe there is know one out there that hasn't been snapped up or can be purchased for an inflated fee, WHO are we, as a mid table championship team, supposed to buy..... the £10mill Gestedes of this world or past it has-been premier league cast offs.

Half of this division is made up of lower league/cost button players are they all shit 'cos they're not part of the bigger clubs squads.

Was vardy/ian wright crap because they cost nothing/came to the game late from non league, the lad at cardiff scoring for fun at the moment is he shit 'cos citee didn't take a punt at him.

as for your post not being negative
"the sums don't seem to add up here"
"How the fuck have we got this kid for peanuts?"
"he'd better get it fuckin quickly, cos the Championship doesn't take any prisoners"
"I'm still not sure bigger clubs than us would be so lax to miss out on a 19 year old with such "potential""
"probably why it seems to good to be true."
you be the judge.

but just incase it is me i'm off to the chemist 1st thing for some HRT.
have a good evening fella

MOT

Respond to this message   
Lakebledwhite
(Login slovenia67)

August 26 2017, 11:09 PM 

I thought it was Jonah fucking lomu was coming on......seriously think he could be a useful addition, he must have been a bag of nerves, but two defensive headers some quick feet etc at that money nowhere near an expensive luxury think he will cause mayhem and will be a Leeds United Type...can tell

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

***** http://www.leedssc.org.uk , averaging 60,000 hits per day *****