<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

25 YRS AGO

October 3 2017 at 6:39 PM
ovy  (Login ovywhite)
Leedssc Moderators

United had a team that knew how to battle, we battled back from the 3-0 first leg at stuggart where the crowd went wild at ER, the same team won 1-0 in Barcelona a week later.
Transfer that to the offering on sunday, I'm still fuming about phillips, he ought never lake again for this club, he's a fucking little piece of shite and a disgrace to wear the shirt, non of the others earn praise but phillips was far the worst, far far the worst , look at it again and after 7 minutes you'll see what I mean.
Fuck off you little wanker you're not fucking needed.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
DG
(Login DavidGedge)

Re: 25 YRS AGO

October 3 2017, 11:40 PM 

But in the first leg there was no battle, no thrust etc. They absolutely caved in and gave a performance to rival any pathetic showing before or after to be fair.

Respond to this message   
ovy
(Login ovywhite)
Leedssc Moderators

October 4 2017, 2:18 PM 

Cantona ballsed the first leg up, he walked off in a huff from centre of pitch when he could have booted the ball out, that strop led to a goal, if you think that performance in stuggart was anywhere near as bad as that at hillsborough you're deluded beyond hope, not even cantona was as pathetic and worthless as phillips was on sunday, hope he never lakes for United again.

Respond to this message   
DG
(Login DavidGedge)

October 4 2017, 4:14 PM 

No sir what I'm saying is that even the best teams that have worn the shirt have put in sub standard performances. We all also have to remember that we are a club that hasn't come close to being top flight for 15 years so the fact that we don't have players who are as good as Billy or Eddie, or Strachan or Dorigo needs to be remembered when evaluating the current situation.

But you have to (sadly) admit that its a sad state of affairs that on the great points yield start nobody posts but as soon as we lose a couple the board is (relatively) on fire?

Respond to this message   
ovy
(Login ovywhite)
Leedssc Moderators

October 4 2017, 5:06 PM 

Yes you are right but I suppose it's because us of a certain age were brought up on a rich diet of class footballers and those who weren't would still bust a bollock and put a shift in, I do keep forgetting the plight we've been through but all you can ask of any player is to work hard and put in a shift, Sunday was abysmal to say the least, Sheffield were that bad they couldn't punish us.
I'm still fuming about that performance of Phillips, he just didn't want to know from the kick off, why did TC keep him on even till halftime??
TC will soon be sacked because he's standing by wankers like that, he can't complain when it happens cause he's let it happen, I'm ok with defeats when and only when the team have worked hard and not rolled over unapposed.
Believe me I was gonna go to Thorpe arch Monday morning and let rip at that cunt Phillips and TC for letting him do what he did, 2 things stopped me, not knowing if they had the day off after a hard weekend grrrrrr, and being locked up for going too far.
I used to hate that useless wanker danny Pugh but after that showing of Phillips he just has to go.
For anyone thinking I'm going OTT on him , just look back on any period of that match and you'll see for yourself.

Respond to this message   
DG
(Login DavidGedge)

October 5 2017, 12:48 AM 

My era is the 80s, I started going regular in Clarkes first season so have seen loads of poor players but as you say, the Whitlows and Aspins of this world were never going to be international class but all would run through a brick wall for the cause.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

***** http://www.leedssc.org.uk , averaging 60,000 hits per day *****