<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Happy birthday

December 9 2017 at 1:25 PM
ovy  (Login ovywhite)
Leedssc Moderators

Today would have been king Billy’s birthday, hope the team put in a performance for the wee man.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ivanco
(Login ivanco)

Happy birthday

December 9 2017, 5:06 PM 

Looks like they did , good away win but I’m sure the experts will rip it apart

Respond to this message   
ovy
(Login ovywhite)
Leedssc Moderators

Re: Happy birthday

December 9 2017, 5:16 PM 

Just watched it in Tenerife, first half was shite, second half United put a shift in, well apart from Phillips, we need a goalie ASAP another calamitous balls up by the German Twat, can’t believe a united player has got a hat trick, well chuffed with 3 points.

Respond to this message   
Spezial
(Login spezial)

December 9 2017, 6:25 PM 

Taken in isolation, an away win at any club has got to be regarded as a good result, even if they are as shit as QPR. Looked at in the context of a full Championship season, if you are to be serious contenders for a top six spot, you’ve got to be beating shite like this if you aren’t impressing against the better teams. I suppose Ivanco classes the “experts” as posters that don’t have multiple orgasms every time Leeds pick up 3 points. I am clearly one of those “experts”, as are most Leeds fans. We’ve got a couple of home games coming up that we really should be winning if we have any serious aspirations of promotion, and if we can win them resulting in us closing in on the top six, it would have to be a real tonic after our disastrous run of late. It’s now a case of staying around the other contenders, because another prolonged poor run like we’ve had sees our campaign well and truly fucked. Ivanco can go out and let his fireworks off in the garden, sing “Marching on Together” while he back scuttles his missus, and uncork his Pomagne. For the “experts”, it will be business as usual.

Respond to this message   
Shaka
(Login scrabblerSE22)

December 9 2017, 10:47 PM 

Yep, and I'm one of those so called 'experts' and it is business as usual. It's all about opinions and that's the beauty of a forum. It is pleasing to see an improvement, and to be fair I can't remember when we last won a league game at QPR. It has to be a good win. Having been around since the mid 70s I'll never settle for mid-table mediocrity. We've been in this league for long enough to at least mount fucking sustained challenge for promotion.

We shouldn't accept starting from square 1 season in season out, despite the back ground chaos. There appears to a semblance of stability behind the scenes. With this in mind I'd expect some positive recruitment of new players during the January window. It won't be easy as clubs will be reluctant to release their better players.

This why a club in our current position (financially) should doing the ground (and home)work (used to be called scouting). There potential gems out there, we need to find to them.

I'm pleased for TC and the team, let's hope we don't embark on another calamitous run.

Respond to this message   
Shaka
(Login scrabblerSE22)

December 9 2017, 10:52 PM 

...Oh and Happy Birthday to Billy (what an inspiration), how many Fa Cup semi final winners did he score? At least 3 plus the opener against Barca in the '75 semi final. He's one of the reasons that my passion still remains strong today.

Respond to this message   
jimmy
(Login walmot)

semi's

December 10 2017, 8:00 PM 

We lost all three of the finals when billy scored the winner in the semi, scum at forest in 65, scum at bolton in 70 and wolves at maine road in 73. Team should have won more.

Respond to this message   
Fte2016
(Login FTE2016)

December 9 2017, 11:02 PM 

Good win today 1st half we’re lucky to go in all square but after that we were hell of a lot better than qpr. Christiansen says he ain’t gonna spend in January unless injuries so looks like the play offs are fucked. Need a decent goalie 2 good CMs a left back an a good centre half if were to have a good 2nd half to season

Respond to this message   
Gipton
(Login giptonwhite71)

December 9 2017, 11:45 PM 

If we’d have beat Real Madrid 7-1 you’d find something to moan about. Lighten up you morngy cunts and enjoy an away win

Respond to this message   
Spezial
(Login spezial)

December 10 2017, 4:34 PM 

I’ve a feeling Gipton may have been invited to the fireworks round at Ivanco’s last night. Who knows, he may also have been looking on while Ivanco back scuttled his missus singing “Marching on together”. You know me Gipton, it’s business as usual. The highs never get too high, therefore the lows never get too low. It’s because I’m a Leeds fan, and I know better than creating false hope and then having to call The Samaritans again. It will be our 14th year out of the top flight in 2018 if we don’t go up this year you know Gipton ! I bet you and Ivanco have spent thousands on celebratory fireworks over those 14 years, but it’s a long time to have your glass half full.

Respond to this message   
Gipton
(Login giptonwhite71)

December 10 2017, 5:33 PM 

Now then happy chops. What happens if we go up. God forbid you might have to crack a smile

Respond to this message   
Ivanco
(Login ivanco)

Happy birthday

December 10 2017, 8:40 PM 

Spezial, and I’m sure you are ,for your information I’m not into fireworks but I am a leeds fan for the last 50 Year’s good or bad like yourself I’ve seen great teams and not so great teams but they’ve all had one thing in common there leeds and leeds is my team always have been and always will be . So I’ll enjoy every victory and get over every defeat , I just think it’s a shame with all the haters we have out there that you feel the need to come on here and rip them apart win lose or draw , but not to worry you enjoy your half empty glass and I’ll enjoy my half full one .

Respond to this message   
Spezial
(Login spezial)

December 10 2017, 9:19 PM 

Got to say Ivanco, you beat the “experts” at being anything like downbeat by submitting the most miserable post in months. We’ve just picked up our first win in London since early 2015, and your opening gambit only refers to speculation on other contributors impending posts. If you could give me any specifics where I’ve pulled us apart after Saturday, I’d be much obliged. My first Leeds game was in September 1975, the start of a long, painful decline. Leeds have always been my team, I don’t regard being in Leeds lowest ever League crowd as a badge of honour, but yes, I was there supporting my team. It’s amazing how many people claim to have actually been amongst the 8,000, but I bet you’re one of ‘em. The big difference between me and you, is that I will readily point out weaknesses and frailties in whatever team takes the pitch. It doesn’t mean I’m any less of a supporter, it just means I’m happy to see the good, the bad, and the ugly. It’s been more bad and ugly that I’ve seen. It’s a good job you don’t like fireworks, cos there’s been fuck all of them down at Elland Road for many a year. Just wondering, if you had a roofer round that made a great job on your ridge tiles, and then water pissed through into your ceiling where he’d made a bollocks of some flashing, would you overlook it and just commend him on his ridge tiles? You probably would, as your missus sat there with her cottage pie getting waterlogged from above. Know what I mean ?

Respond to this message   
DG
(Login DavidGedge)

December 11 2017, 1:12 PM 

To use your roofer example, if he was working with top notch equipment and top of the range materials, I'd expect him to do me the best roof in the neighbohimrhood. And would slag him off to all and sundry if he didn't.

However, if he was using minimal equipment, and was having to recycle the cracked and damaged tiles that I called him out to repair because I wouldn't or couldn't give him the money to get enough replacement tiles of brand new quality then if he could shuffle them in a way to stop most of the drips coming in and for it to be more effective than before despite losing some of the best tiles then I would be thinking he'd done a decent job with the tools given to him, and I wouldn't blame the tiles for not being up to the job.

Guess which one is most accurate for the current manager?

So whilst nobody is happy to have a shit team that is woefully inconsistent, blaming the manager or the players for the situation is not the right thing to do. If this squad manages to make the play offs we will have massively over achieved with the players we have. None of them would get anywhere near the team of the year for the division. Years of rape and pillage will take a while to reverse.

Respond to this message   
Spezial
(Login spezial)

Eh up Gedgey.

December 16 2017, 8:56 PM 

Looks like he probably had “better equipment”, tailor made for the job, and chose not to use it. It’s a Polish sounding name and plays on the wing,

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

***** http://www.leedssc.org.uk , averaging 60,000 hits per day *****