<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Today

January 1 2018 at 5:09 PM
bonesy  (Login cheshirewhites)

Another piss poor performance. Can someone tell me what the fuck Phillips actually does.AR get the cheque book out & spend some of that Wood money cause if you think this lot is good enough youre sadly mistaken. Allioski,Roofe,Lassogga etc etc simply not good enough. Feel sorry for Saiz at times cause hes surrounded by fucking shite. 1 point from last 2 games & performances isnt good enough.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
DG
(Login DavidGedge)

Re: Today

January 1 2018, 5:18 PM 

You're right pal today was a very disappointing result, and a poor performance. But in the chances for Roofe and Hernandez we should be reflecting on a poor performance but 3 points.

The most disappointing aspect of the match to me is the 2nd half. In my day, attacking the Kop end in a must win game against poor opposition we would have created a right atmosphere which would have carried the team through, and the team would have battered them into submission. Today seemed flat and no head of steam.

Respond to this message   
S.F.A.B
(Login S.F.A.B)

January 1 2018, 10:44 PM 

Agreed. Kop was flat as fuck and it looked like it transferred onto the pitch. Piss poor, although I thought Cooper did well today.

Respond to this message   
DG
(Login DavidGedge)

January 1 2018, 11:13 PM 

I don't understand why Cooper gets so much flak to be honest. He's a steady CB who wins more than his fair share of battles. And he never hides. Give me a Cooper over a Sakho or Hernandez every time.

Respond to this message   
Pitbull
(Login old-man-leeds)
Leedssc Moderators

January 1 2018, 7:43 PM 

Without jumping on the slagging band wagon I have to agree. We were poor today and Saturday. We are simply not good enough. Some say that Phillips has potential and he's only young blah blah but in fairness he contributes fuck all. We have no players that can create opportunities. Hernandez is dog, i'd of scored the chance he had ffs. Lassogga is a donkey and would perform better on Blackpool beach! Again results went our way today but we are becoming a laughing stock. Furious with todays performance and result.

Respond to this message   
CJ
(Login BPAWHITE)

January 1 2018, 9:21 PM 

There is a bigger picture to the ability of Phillips and why he is being picked.Viera was injured and O'Kane isnt fully fit and the signings of Orta's have been shite.Our squad is paper thin and many of our first team players (such as Phillips) in truth should only be fringe squad players.Out of the starting 11 today only 3 were Orta's signings Wieldweld (Shite) Alioski (average) Siaz (Not bad),that says to me that Orta's signings are wank.We ended up playing Shaunnesy at Birmingham in midfield what does that tell you about our squad strength.Look at the u23 development team that was loaded up with 2nd rate foreigners and last time i looked was bottom of the league.We sold Wood and taylor and never replaced them with adequate replacements and the less said about the goalkeeping debacle the better.Luckily we are in the play-off zone at the moment but unless we strengthen with real proven quality rather than Japanesse marketing projects then we will finish outside of the play-offs.Off-load Lassonga and buy a quality centre forward and central midfielder with the £20m from Taylor and Wood,its not rocket science.Problem is does Orta know the english market because he sure as hell hasnt got a grip of the foreign market.From expereince we have to make hay when we play the shit teams because our arses fall out when the bigger guns come calling.

Respond to this message   
S.F.A.B
(Login S.F.A.B)

January 1 2018, 10:51 PM 

But to be honest, Taylor didn't need much replacing. He was fucking wank for his last 6 months at ER. Lasogga is shite though, lazy bastard is no replacement for Wood after he toughened up a bit and put a shift in.
What we saying, we only need a left back and a striker? I'll wager an average quality Championship keeper and a solid midfielder would help just as much.

Respond to this message   
DG
(Login DavidGedge)

January 1 2018, 11:19 PM 

What we were crying out for was a presence at CF, especially in the first half. Roofe is too small to play the forward role and loads of times it looked promising only for there to be nobody to hit with a cross. Lassoga obviously has something but it is yet to surface, though I enjoyed seeing him rob and flatten the full back late on and run in on goal. Maybe he needs a run of games with wingers in the team to prosper?

On the plus side though, can't see many teams coming after our players so the team shouldn't be too disrupted 😂😂😂😂

Respond to this message   
CJ
(Login BPAWHITE)

There is a bigger picture to the ability of Phillips and why he is being picked.Viera was injured and O'Kane isnt fully fit and the signings of Orta's have been shite.Our squad is paper thin and many of our first team players (such as Phillips) in truth should only be fringe squad players.Out of the starting 11 today only 3 were Orta's signings Wieldweld (Shite) Alioski (average) Siaz (Not bad),that says to me that Orta's signings are wank.We ended up playing Shaunnesy at Birmingham in midfield what does that tell you about our squad strength.Look at the u23 development team that was loaded up with 2nd rate foreigners and last time i looked was bottom of the league.We sold Wood and taylor and never replaced them with adequate replacements and the less said about the goalkeeping debacle the better.Luckily we are in the play-off zone at the moment but unless we strengthen with real proven quality rather than Japanesse marketing projects then we will finish outside of the play-offs.Off-load Lassonga and buy a quality centre forward and central midfielder with the £20m from Taylor and Wood,its not rocket science.Problem is does Orta know the english market because he sure as hell hasnt got a grip of the foreign market.From expereince we have to make hay when we play the shit teams because our arses fall out when the bigger guns come calling.

Respond to this message   
DG
(Login DavidGedge)

January 2 2018, 11:47 PM 

You make some good points pal but I disagree with you about us against the better teams. We are better when we are the weaker team and when the opposition has more of the ball, whereas when the onus is on us to dictate the game we look woefully short. I watched the game on TV as I was working yesterday, but there was a stat that said at home we have won most of the games that the opposition have had the ball more but hardly at all when we have had it most.

We've had some decent results against the better teams, especially away, but not against the poorer teams in a way you would expect a team in the top 5 to do so.

Respond to this message   
CJ
(Login BPAWHITE)

Respond to this message   
scum8ter
(Login scum8ter)

Yes CJ.

January 1 2018, 10:34 PM 

We heard you the 1st time ffs.

Respond to this message   
Overman
(Login overman8)

January 2 2018, 8:59 AM 

There must have been an epiphany for some of the happy clappy brigade over the festive period. They're having a right moan, miserable cunts, healthiest we've been for years, Radz spending money, get behind the team, do you expect us to sign Messi? We're building for the future, give us some more sound bytes.

Respond to this message   
ovy
(Login ovywhite)
Leedssc Moderators

January 2 2018, 10:35 AM 

Stop pretending there are any positives out of yesterday and brum games, there are non, we are absolutely shite, as many excuses you make there are double the true facts, we need improvement all over the park, the goalie, a centre half, 2 midfielders and 2 forwards, we have absolutely no depth to the squad at all.
Danny ings and sturridge will be offered on loan I bet we don’t make an offer !
Lassoga is on £50,000 a week with us contributing 10,000 of it, we could do similar with others if we had the nous, 3 subs Christiansen has no say in it and orta is a complete knob with his recruitment’s thus far.
The team need a good long look at themselves as well, 2 relatively easy games and they blow it, no fight no idea, no pride and no passion, how we are still in a play off position is beyond me.

Respond to this message   
Wanker
(Login Pen_Talk)

January 2 2018, 10:49 AM 

My personal view is that TC is the main problem here, due to his insistence on negative, defensive football (if it can be called that). According to interviews and reports TC is happy with the last two performances. What sort of play off side loses to the bottom side, plays woeful regressive anti-football, then draws with an equally shit forest side and announces he's happy? Home games are now predictable, with one lone striker, an ineffective midfield sitting deep, no out and out wingers, and two revolving forwards expected to feed off scraps. Neither has pace, or ability to finish clinically. No tactical surprises, no endeavour, no change of formation or style. Even cotrill said something to the effect 'after 10 minutes of the game I knew it'd be a good day'. Like I said, the buck stops with AR. He wanted a cheap yes man to bring nothing more than championship stability. Hence the 1 up front defensive approach. Even TC had made clear the main intention 'is to make sure we don't get beat'. If you honestly think AR wants us to go up, wake up and stop sucking the fellas cock.

Respond to this message   
Wanker
(Login Pen_Talk)

My personal view is that TC is the main problem here, due to his insistence on negative, defensive football (if it can be called that). According to interviews and reports TC is happy with the last two performances. What sort of play off side loses to the bottom side, plays woeful regressive anti-football, then draws with an equally shit forest side and announces he's happy? Home games are now predictable, with one lone striker, an ineffective midfield sitting deep, no out and out wingers, and two revolving forwards expected to feed off scraps. Neither has pace, or ability to finish clinically. No tactical surprises, no endeavour, no change of formation or style. Even cotrill said something to the effect 'after 10 minutes of the game I knew it'd be a good day'. Like I said, the buck stops with AR. He wanted a cheap yes man to bring nothing more than championship stability. Hence the 1 up front defensive approach. Even TC had made clear the main intention 'is to make sure we don't get beat'. If you honestly think AR wants us to go up, wake up and stop sucking the fellas cock.

Respond to this message   
Wanker
(Login Pen_Talk)

Respond to this message   
scum8ter
(Login scum8ter)

And yes Wanker

January 2 2018, 7:52 PM 

We also heard you the 1st time.

Respond to this message   
DG
(Login DavidGedge)

January 2 2018, 11:38 PM 

The positive is Ovy that with a very mediocre squad our manager has guided us to a play off position as we start the new year. Would be interesting to see how he would do with a squad of better players 😉😉

As for Sturridge... firstly we would have no chance of attracting him. He will be looking for a top flight club in order to try to sneak a world cup place. And secondly, he's always fucking injured. Amore realistic target from them for a loan move would be the kid Woodburn. Direct, fearless, and an eye for goal.

Another young lad we should try to attract on loan is the young winger Reiss Nelson at Arsenal. Bags of pace, direct, and deffo a massive star in the coming years.

Can't see any permanent signings to be honest, but 2 or 3 loanees from the top of the Premier League could see a marked difference.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

***** http://www.leedssc.org.uk , averaging 60,000 hits per day *****