<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Window

January 16 2018 at 6:53 PM
ovy  (Login ovywhite)
Leedssc Moderators

Anyone else happy or confident we are heading in the right direction with half the transfer window gone ??
I'm pissed off but not at all surprised , orta needs sacking with immediate affect.

INS

Aapo Halme - HJK Helsinki - Contract until 2021 - £500,000

Yosuke Ideguchi - Gamba Osaka - Contract until 2021 - £500,000

Laurens De Bock - Club Brugge - Contract until 2022 - £1.5million

Oliver Sarkic - Benfica - Contract until 2021 - Loan deal to permanent

Ouasim Bouy - Loan return from Cultural Leonesa

OUTS

Paul McKay - Released

Jack McKay - Released

Yosuke Ideguchi - Cultural Leonesa - Loan until the end of the season

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Gipton
(Login giptonwhite71)

Re: Window

January 16 2018, 7:03 PM 

I’d be lying if I said I was happy about it.

Respond to this message   
ovy
(Login ovywhite)
Leedssc Moderators

Re: Window

January 16 2018, 7:17 PM 

Yeah its not looking too clever at the minute.
I appreciate the club being tight lipped about possible deals and hopefully there'll be a few surprises in store but I'm not confident about it, orta is a luxury we can't afford and don't need.
What will it take to make AR realise we need to strengthen ? Out of the cup and the play offs in a week, if we continue this way it will be exactly like last season and we won't end up in the play offs, a drop in crowds by 10,000 will maybe open his eyes cause it will surely hit him in the pocket, TC is just toeing the party line coming out with shite comments that we don't need more strikers.
Lets hope the 2nd half of january brings better news.

Respond to this message   
Ivanco
(Login ivanco)

Not happy

January 16 2018, 7:18 PM 

I’m not sure anymore what’s going on , it was getting hard to be positive among all the negativity on here before Christmas but last weekends game at Ipswich shows we badly need to bring in new players and quickly. That top six finish is looking very dodgy right now

Respond to this message   
Fte2016
(Login FTE2016)

Bit of good news

January 16 2018, 7:45 PM 

Borthwick-Jackson as been fucked off back to scum thank fuck. I reckon the LB at my local Sunday league team could give this lad a run for his money. Fucking useless at best. Rumour has it were in for Chris Martin from derby because Preston want 8 mil for the lad Hugill any thoughts on that chaps

Respond to this message   
ovy
(Login ovywhite)
Leedssc Moderators

Re: Bit of good news

January 16 2018, 8:16 PM 

Martin is a much better option than what we currently have although I'd prefer hughill myself, he ran us ragged at ER and was a constant nuisance who bossed our defenders all afternoon, lets face it, we desperately need to strengthen all over but I'm confident it won't happen.

Respond to this message   
CJ
(Login BPAWHITE)

Re: Bit of good news

January 16 2018, 8:36 PM 

To be honest ovy this window has lived upto my expectations.Orta's recruitment in the summer diminished our squad and his signings have all been shite with little or no impact.He doesnt buy british and seems obsessed with the u23s when we should be living in the here and now.He sent the japanesse bloke out on loan claiming we were well covered in central midfield.That sums him up.We banked the chris wood money and replaced him by paying 15k towards lassongas wages ffs.Even the new left back couldnt get a game this season.We may panic buy if we lose our next few games but the damage was done in the summer imo.

Respond to this message   
ovy
(Login ovywhite)
Leedssc Moderators

Aguero ooooooo

January 17 2018, 8:36 PM 

Have it on good authority Aguero is coming on loan if sanchez goes to man city, all because TC and Guadiola are old buddies from Barca days.

Respond to this message   
chaz
(Login halifaxcharlie)

Aguero ooooooo

January 18 2018, 11:15 AM 

Aye and your going int pegs an i'm lakin up front happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Bilsden
(Login Bilsden)

Orta

January 19 2018, 5:52 PM 

Easy to blame Orta for buying shit, but he's given his budget and brief by the board and trades accordingly. The board also have to sign off on his deals, and have done until now. And his signings tend to be about as good as you could expect for the relatively tiny fees paid. Alioski is a £2-2.5m footballer and performs like one (occasionally better tbf). It would be great if signings like Klich and Cibicki could become some of the best footballers in the Championship, but they're £1m footballers, so they're only likely to be run of the mill players

And if Saiz is sold for £10 or £15m (if he can stop gobbing at people), Orta will have done his job, which is to make the board money on trading players

It's not what I want, or what any of you want, but the board has decided that the transfer market is a good source of revenue if you can buy a load of cheap punts and the odd one can be sold at a massive profit

I don't blame Orta, he's doing what he's paid to do as part of the club's transfer policy. Fuck him though

Respond to this message   
Shaka
(Login scrabblerSE22)

Re: Orta

January 20 2018, 9:54 PM 

If that is the policy, (to buy cheap and hopefully make a profit buy selling the said player). Then basically the board are saying fuck team, bollocks to progress and we're not really interested in promotion. We might as well all pack up and go home now! We're becoming a non-descript club that languishes around in the second tier. Never gets promoted or (hopefully) never gets relegated. Just like pre Don Revie days.
Just listening to TC suggests he hasn't go a clue, he hardly exudes confidence (you can't always tow the diplomatic line). The on field discipline is shocking that is down to him. Looking at the current state, I'm dreading February's fixtures.

Respond to this message   
ovy
(Login ovywhite)
Leedssc Moderators

January 21 2018, 10:55 AM 

Sadly that is true regarding the recruitment of players. I asked the late great Billy bremner about David Harle and he said the same thing,I bought him for 5 grand,he had lufc to his cv and I sold him for 25 grand, good business! !
Thing is Billy was United through and through and wasn't trousering the profits unlike many after him,AR has a lot to answer for and a lot more to convince folk of his true intentions.

Respond to this message   
Gipton
(Login giptonwhite71)

January 21 2018, 11:05 AM 

Unfortunately that’s the way Football is at the moment.
In AR’s defence he has made us at least saleable. At least we don’t look like the basket case we did until recently.
It makes you wonder how much money he has in the coffers because it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see that not too big an investment in the team could possibly add another 0 onto the asking price.
I’m not sure if it’s a good or bad thing that we seem to be getting used as a pawn in the Newcastle takeover.

Respond to this message   
Shaka
(Login scrabblerSE22)

January 21 2018, 8:23 PM 

What also saddens me is that we're getting 30K plus every home game. More than last season when at this stage we were stronger and on an upward curve. We'll lose a lot of support (and some of the up an coming younger support) at this rate. I don't want young impressionable kids in the play ground saying 'I support Leeds but I like Aguero and City'.

I think AR is missing a trick here, unless he's incapable and lacks ambition. You don't buy a football club and expect to make short term profits i.e. wheeling and dealing in the transfer market, you need a substantial amount of real cash flow plus clever planning to move United in the right direction.

He had last season's platform to build on. Ok we flopped at the end of the season. But there was enough in place for him to work on over the summer. He had the funds to bring in better players and plan a real assault on pushing for promotion

Buying back the ground was great but not enough. His decisions speak volumes. Orta has been a disaster. Recruiting a Japanese J League player plus other nobodies who have gone out on loan says it all for me. We're flirting around the play-offs (probably in a false position) and this is the type of player we're signing.

The results are starting to bear the true nature of our performances, we're smart enough to see this, why can't TC see it? He reportedly stated before Christmas that we didn't need to strengthen the squad. Is he just towing the party line or is he totally out of his depth. The crowds alone should tell AR and TC that we don't want to languish in mid-table mediocrity for ever.

Respond to this message   
JohnToshacksbollocks
(Login JohnToshacksbollocks)

January 21 2018, 8:40 PM 

He's got to be toeing the party line because if he isn't it's very worrying, and if he is, then it's a disservice to the crowds we're getting, I'm getting fucked off with how we're on the cusp of something like last season, genuine feelgoid factor, just been unravelled when i believe with 2 sides from last season relegated badly struggling, you can guarantee the 3 teams coming down next term will be stronger, we'll just have a couole of sakeabke assests ie. Saiz which just sets us up for yet more mediocre players, it's there for the taking this division but getting fucking second rate leagues players through the door just wont cut it, that's why I'm not totally anti-Orta, as he's been given a 15k a week cap where else does he shop? Sorry ultimately the buck stops with the owner if we're fucking around and it'll be a straw that breaks the camels back for sone why do we just keep getting shafted

Respond to this message   
JohnToshacksbollocks
(Login JohnToshacksbollocks)

January 21 2018, 8:40 PM 

He's got to be toeing the party line because if he isn't it's very worrying, and if he is, then it's a disservice to the crowds we're getting, I'm getting fucked off with how we're on the cusp of something like last season, genuine feelgoid factor, just been unravelled when i believe with 2 sides from last season relegated badly struggling, you can guarantee the 3 teams coming down next term will be stronger, we'll just have a couole of sakeabke assests ie. Saiz which just sets us up for yet more mediocre players, it's there for the taking this division but getting fucking second rate leagues players through the door just wont cut it, that's why I'm not totally anti-Orta, as he's been given a 15k a week cap where else does he shop? Sorry ultimately the buck stops with the owner if we're fucking around and it'll be a straw that breaks the camels back for sone why do we just keep getting shafted

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

***** http://www.leedssc.org.uk , averaging 60,000 hits per day *****