<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

hey Susan

July 22 2007 at 3:59 PM
crystal  (no login)
from IP address 12.72.150.14

I posted a comment on your blog The guy who also commented, Paul, lives in your state also, I think. Any news back yet from your latest Womens World story? My sister bought me the latest issue, trying to inspire me to try again, I guess.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
crystal
(no login)

Re: hey Susan

July 22 2007, 4:07 PM 

Oh, I forgot - wanted to give you this link to a list of poetry contests.

Respond to this message   

Susan
(Login SusanCampbell)

Hi Crystal!

July 25 2007, 4:26 PM 

I got a quick rejection from Woman's World with no explanation. That's the first time that's happened (at least from them), and to tell you the truth I was surprised. I realize it's stupid to get cocky, but I really thought that particular story was a shoo-in. It never even got to the Fiction Editor! I know this because she lives across the country, and the rejection came (immediately) from NJ. My theory is that they didn't read the story.

Actually, I think it's possible that they didn't read all of the story. It had a twist at the end, and really wasn't much of a story without that twist. So if the assistant-assistant editor got bored 3/4 of the way through, that would be that. I'm tempted to hold on to it for a few months and then resubmit, urging them to read it through to the end.

Thanks for the contest link. I haven't seen that one. I'll enjoy checking it out. I'm planning to send something to the Family Circle fiction contest next month, but I'm not sure exactly what.

I agree with your sister--you should keep at it!

S.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement