<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

tweet tonight from Calvin Pickard

April 26 2012 at 10:15 PM
No score for this post
jesus  (Login jesus789456123)

@cpickard1 "Shots were 61 to 40 tonight for Portland? Were they plaing at the showare? #oneshotfiveshots #padthestats"

I thought it was funny, I know it's been discussed on this board before.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
faxpl
(Login faxpl)

Shot Totals in PDX

No score for this post
April 27 2012, 1:00 PM 

The shot totals (for both teams) are usually on the "high end" in Portland.

Two simple reasons - any puck that gets "stopped" by the goalie that would have gone in tne net is considered a SOG - clearing attempts on the penalty kill from 180 feet that happen to go on goal count the same as a clear cut breakaway shot. (Amusing story from last night ... TC was on the power play when one of their down low forwards attemped a pass to a point man ....not very good pass and the puck was literally going about 1 mph when it reached Rimmer - yep shot on goal)

Second reason - any shot that the goalie gloves and stops is considered a SOG in PDX - never mind the fact that the shot would have been five feet wide of the target ...if the goalie "catches the puck" ..it's a SOG

That being said - Portland really did put on a "tremendous show" in the third period last night and absolutely skated the Ams "right out of the building - and onto the golf course"

jesus
(Login jesus789456123)

i hear ya ...

No score for this post
May 1 2012, 10:32 PM 

but this was more about Calvin talking to the Sho-Ware about their shot count. It has been discussed on this board about the elavated shot counts against Pickard, during the 2010-2011 season I beleive.

Redwic
(Login Redwic)

They have always liked padding Pickard's stats

No score for this post
May 2 2012, 2:58 AM 

That has happened in a lot of places, for a lot of goaltenders.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on WHL TeamsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Free Hit Counter
RingSurf
MJHFF list