So you love it, you hate it, you don't give sh*t...well for now it stays, so may as well try and use it...this document is to describe where all the links go to in the table...
So beginning with the Title bar...
- are clickable links...each one has a description if you hold the mouse pointer over it (eventually this will be replaced with a different more obvious mouse over image).
- just what it says, let's you know what forum you are in.
Ok on to the table, starting with upper left box (going left to right)...
General Discussion (The Den)
- This is the old Den, except now it also incorporates the Games & Sports forum and the Video and Multimedia Forum...these two forums are no longer accepting new posts...so use the Den for those topics from now on.
The World's Armed Forces Forum
- This is the main forum of WAFF...duh!
History, Politics & Economics Forum
- this is the old Politics & Economics forum and the old History & Current Conflicts forum all rolled into one.
Greece & Turkey Defence Forum
- No changes to this one.
Europe, Middle-East & Africa Defence Forum
- This is the old Middle-East & Persian Gulf Forum, it now also includes the old Europe & Russia forum and all discussions surrounding defence matters for those areas should be conducted here...as well as for any African (Somalia, Rwanda, etc.) defence discussions you wish to have.
Asia & Pacific Defence Forum
- No changes to this one.
Help & Suggestions
- This is the old Suggestions & Complaints forum, please see below for a complete description of the links to the sides of the navigation table.
ENLIST ME NOW! Button
- Figured it be wise to make it more obvious for how visitors can start participating...I am sorry some of you think this is a bad thing, it will not change.
WAFF Vet Club
- No real changes...the Soldiers forum is closed and members who qualify for the Soldiers group will have access to this forum.
So when go to the Help & Registration forum you will notice that the polls to sides of the navigation table are replaced by lists of links...
...these function as follows.
Important WAFF Documents...this roughly replaces the 'gray' title bar of the old table...
How do I join WAFF?
- Replaces the 'How to Participate' link
The Rules at WAFF
- Replaces the 'The Rules' link
The Management at WAFF
- Replaces the 'Management' link and will have active email addresses for all members of management...shortly. The Groups at WAFF
- Replaces the 'Group Leaders' link, goes to an updated page with links to apply to any group
- Replaces the 'Friendly Websites' link and will be massively overhauled shortly
Note there is no replacement for 'Become a Moderator!', trust me we'll ask you if you show the right stuff around here.
On to the link list on the right of the table...
Other WAFF Help Forums...this roughly replace the Links & Announcements forum form the old table...
- This goes to the Registration Help forum...which has been massively overhauled...and is actuall somewhat useful now.
WAFF Help Documents
- Goes the the Links & Announcements page...great fun to read if you are really bored
WAFF Testing Forum (Alcatraz)
- As you may have guessed this goes to what was Alcatraz...please use this forum for all your testing purposes.
Old WAFF Forums
- This link leads to a post with hyperlinks to all the discontinued forums you can't post in them any more but you are welcome to go back there to read old posts
Search WAFF Help
- This launches the search of the Help & Suggestions forum
Right now we are transitioning between the two...so you may find it somewhat graphically disjointed, however that should disappear shortly...hopefully the transition will be completed by midnight EST September 29th 2010.
For those of you who believe that the automobile achieved it's epitome with the first Ford Model 'A' produced (Pffft...who needs to go faster than 20mph after all) or whose computers still have 640k of RAM (Who'll ever need more than that!!!), if you scroll to the bottom of any page you will find the old navigation table this will remain for at least few weeks....I hope the Luddite's amongst you appreciate it.
Thank you for your patience.
Please work out any matters you have with warnings or bans with the Moderator responsible...only after this has not worked may you e-mail an Administrator for questions about bans or warnings...
MikePapa1, Administrator, ASIA & PACIFIC and HISTORY & POLITICS
Element7, Administrator, MAIN FORUM and THE DEN
Coalde, Administrator, GREECE & TURKEY and EUROPE & MIDDLE-EAST
Do not e-mail the forum owner about bans...the final determination on bans rests with the administrators.