Return to Index  

Re: Wow! (children, DE mentioned)

April 11 2008 at 11:03 AM
dendera  (Login dendera)

Response to Re: Wow! (children, DE mentioned)

Maybelline
Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry that you found the last sentence off-putting. But I think it IS true that the vast majority of girls/women who are growing up/young now (and for whom DE is an option) do not automatically think of that method as their first choice. I do not dispute that it may be the best (and fully-embraced option) for a few girls/women. Nor do I dispute that women who have had their children by DE are totally happy with their decision. I'm happy for them.

One reason why I decided to post on this board was because I was hoping to find strong and resilient women who didn't need validation for their choices and could respect other women's choices. I haven't posted on any boards for years. There was a time when I used to post and chat to a small group of acerbic ttc 40+ women regularly and used to enjoy it. I think I just struck lucky then.

I am not expecting this board to focus on ttc by natural means only. I agree it should encompass everyone fulfilling its title (although I personally find parenting stuff boring I accept I don't need to read those posts). My original point was that it was ceasing to be all encompassing and remaining very slow as well. I am happy for women who want and achieve pregnancy at 50+ and think that it's great that this board exists for them to post their journey. But if the only people who post have a journey that is radically different from mine then the board loses its usefulness for me. I suspect that some board visitors won't experience any heartache over that! But maybe other lurkers were being put off from posting for similar reasons: a lack of relevance.

I realise my post and the reaction it provoked has probably put off any like-minded lurkers from posting anyway. That is a pity.

I think it would also be nice to welcome women in their 50s who are pregnant and don't want to be and need a place to talk. But I realise that's not the remit and there seem to be too many raw nerves around for that to be possible.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement