support for over 50s mumsApril 21 2009 at 10:50 PM
|over 50 mum (Login latelifemum)|
I was a first time mother (single) at 50 and am now 52, and I want to support women who do this supposedly selfish act.
my little boy entered this life like an archangel, and is growing into a complex, lovely and unique individual.
All my lifes experiences, learning and wealth go to his welfare. I never have an angry word for him (though understand firmness) and my own personality has changed to meet his very different sense of humour and fun. I expect my future to be comparitively impoverished in the material sense as I meet educational needs etc but I think I am doing the best possible thing in the world with what the world has given me.
so my advice for would be mothers over 50 - if you have accumulated something to offer than why not give it?
PS the cost has been high and unexpected - loss of "friends", loss of job, loss of wealth, but who cares.
- Re: support for over 50s mums - Deb on Apr 22, 11:02 AM
- Since we're nearly - Kathleen on Apr 22, 12:54 PM
- response to Kathleen - Carol on Apr 24, 9:42 PM
- Beautifully said! I've gained friends as a result of having children later in life..more - Hope2009 on Apr 22, 4:18 PM
- Friends for over 50 moms - Annie on Apr 22, 6:35 PM
- Over 50 Moms - Val on Apr 22, 11:24 PM
- The benefits of mothering after 50 - Annie on Apr 23, 9:49 AM