Experience with hypothyroidism?June 18 2010 at 5:13 PM
|boosmom1 (Login boosmom1)|
RE just called to say my thyroid results were a little elevated - apparently my TSH was 5.2, normal to them tops out at 4.2 (although some web sites still list normal as high as 6) but they want to see it down to 2.5 before initiating a pregnancy. I have never been told I had any issue with this before, I have been reading on the net and see that sometimes hypothyroidism can develop as a result of a previous pregnancy and that it usually resolves on its own. But I don't have time to "wait and see" if I am going for another pregnancy. However I dread dread dread the idea of starting on a synthetic hormone treatment, especially since everything I have read mentions that I would be on it for the rest of my life. I am extremely anti-drugs, as most anything I have ever taken has always caused adverse side effects. I also fear the cascade effect of one medical treatment creating another problem which requires further treatment and so on and so forth.
Anybody have any experience with this?
- My TSH was close to 1? with Armour thyroid and a successful twin PG - Andrea on Jun 19, 12:58 AM
- Thyroid Disease here - lulumom on Jun 19, 9:37 AM
- Re: Experience with hypothyroidism? - niahm on Jun 19, 9:57 PM
- Hyperthyroid - lulumom on Jun 20, 8:40 PM
- Re: Hyperthyroid - niahm on Jun 21, 10:57 PM
- They're right - Annie on Jun 21, 4:10 PM
- Re: Experience with hypothyroidism? - FL Gal on Jun 21, 11:35 PM
- No experience but wanted to say I agree that trying to correct...more - Hope2009 on Jun 22, 7:47 PM