Today... please read on..May 26 2012 at 8:19 PM
|Zaria (Login zreynolds2)|
Response to Zaria, what happened today?
I cross-posted this to the pregnancy and parenting board after DE IVF. Someone there shared her beta story. See my post below for an update on today. Any thoughts are so greatly appreciated:
11 dpo 26
13 dpo 53
16 dpo 39
18 dpo 41
20 dpo 72
23 dpo 179
27 dpo 559
30 dpo 921
31 dpo - "possible" sac seen in uterus - ob through RI's office said it doesn't look good, but he wanted to wait another week & felt it was too early to consider methotrexate, which my RE wanted me to do by this point
33 dpo 2671
37 dpo (7w2d) - last beta drawn at 4238 - ob through RI's office saw a sac with strong heart beat, but said it was misshapen & likely not viable - told me to come back in a week
40dpo (7w5d) - u/s with local peri. - measuring 6w6d - heart beat strong - sac looked fine - everything looked fine - I canceled my out of town appt. with the RI's office - it was quite a while before I actually believed the pg. was normal, but I had a healthy baby at 37 wks.
Dear fellow travelers,
Thank you so much for your kind and helpful words.
Ariadne, your story (50 and over board) is very compelling. So the following is my beta story. Maybe someone can help me with respect to telling me when the first beta is taken -- so, based on Ariadne's calculation, I wonder if my numbers would look something like below.
11 dpo 48
13 dpo 110
15 dpo 138
17 dpo 151
19 dpo 195
I'm told that I'm 5w2d pregnant. No sac seen today.
I regret that I stopped taking my meds dpo 16 (just my progesterone dose), took it the next night, (dpo 17)
but then stopped again last night (dpo 18). I just couldn't continue sticking myself when I felt so hopeless.
So when I went in today, my beta was 195 but my progesterone was about 3.5. I wish I would have stuck it out longer.
I also took my estradial intermittently.
So just to give this pregnancy every chance I can, I've decided to stay on my meds faithfully until my next reading,
which will be on Tuesday (dpo 22). I wish I had read your post before now, Ariadne -- I actually thought that the rise to 195 today showed a little hope. My doctor has told me to stop meds but I think I might as well give this the fullest possible try. Of course, being off the meds intermittently might have blown the small possibility. If it's an ectopic, I imagine as long as I'm below a beta of 1000 I'd be safe. So we shall see if Tuesday brings any hope.
If anyone has thoughts about the on and off medication part, please chime in on this. I'm hoping that I haven't done something bad to the fetus' development, were it to surprise us all and be viable.
I'd be so appreciative if you guys could hang in with me and say a prayer if that is the kind of thing you do. Ariadne, your story is definitely wacky but incredibly wonderful. I'm a single mom and it's that much harder to face this alone.
With thanks... -z
- I'm no expert - FL Gal on May 26, 11:05 PM
- More Developments - Zaria on May 27, 12:30 PM
- I'm sorry - FL Gal on May 27, 12:49 PM