A Newbie FEELING VICTORY! A forum for over 50!????August 3 2012 at 7:45 PM
|Ellen Haskins (Login Ellehask18)|
I have been searching and searching for a support forum like this for weeks, and I can't tell you all on here how much it means to me to have found this!
I'm 53 and currently expecting my fourth child. I had my first girl back in 1981 when I was 22, now she's married with a 4 year old. And my second girl at the age of 27, in 1986. I was remarried 11 years ago, and I had my last at 43 and she's 10.
My current husband and I had been hoping to become pregnant again for awhile. But let me just say that as I approached 50, I was totally against the idea of even thinking about pregnancy over 50. I was completely negative about women doing this. Every time I heard about some "crazy" woman trying to get pregnant I thought it was not good for any child, or selfish, and a major health risk. I completely turned my head away from the idea, and told myself to forget about another baby if it didn't happen before my 50th birthday. I know someone who had a child at 51, through treatments and hadn't been pregnant for 24 years and I thought she was nuts! I didn't want to be one of "those" women.
But then, as I read about it more and more, one day out of the blue last year, I went to my doctor and asked her what she thought about pregnancy at my age. And we were shocked when my doctor said that I was healthy enough to, and there were options to look at if needed. I was still having regular cycles up to last year, which for some reason shocked me, because I remember the big "M" warning that doctors like to press once the 5-0 approaches. Well, late last year my husband and I decided to start trying off and on to do this naturally before exploring other options. June 9th 2012, I found out I was 6 weeks, conceived naturally! I had no idea that it would actually happen. Before I took a test, I know I had been feeling differently, and experienced the symptoms that I recall feeling when I had been pregnant before. I am now at week #13, and we feel truly blessed. I feel blessed that my attitude changed.
Up until now, I had not found a place that was just for women OVER 50. This forum is wonderful! Thanks ladies!
|This message has been edited by Ellehask18 on Aug 3, 2012 7:56 PM|
- Welcome - FL Gal on Aug 3, 2012, 7:59 PM
- Re: Welcome - Ellen Haskins on Aug 4, 2012, 1:51 AM
- Natural - FL Gal on Aug 4, 2012, 11:47 AM
- Occasionally we have a natural conception mom over 50 . . . - Maggie in VA on Aug 6, 2012, 9:52 AM
- Congratulations on your over 50 pgcy....m - Hope2009 on Aug 7, 2012, 3:59 PM
- Re: Congratulations on your over 50 pgcy....m - Ellen Haskins on Aug 17, 2012, 9:13 PM
- Glad you're still doing well - FL Gal on Aug 17, 2012, 11:58 PM
- Re: Glad you're still doing well - Ellen Haskins on Sep 3, 2012, 2:09 AM
- That's exciting! - FL Gal on Sep 3, 2012, 8:44 AM
- congratulations and welcome! - Andrea on Aug 7, 2012, 10:50 PM
- Congratulations and welcome! - Ginger on Aug 10, 2012, 3:11 PM
- Ellen, thanks for the update....m - Hope2009 on Sep 4, 2012, 3:27 AM