<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

As a reminder--oldest recorded spontaneous pregnancy in modern times....

January 21 2006 at 3:10 PM
Annie  (Login AnnieNemus)
Forum Owner

According to the Guinness Book of World Records, the oldest spontaneous pregnancy in modern times occurred in a woman who delivered when she was aged 57 years, 120 days.

Annie

This message has been edited by AnnieNemus on Jan 22, 2006 2:03 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Babyfine
(Login Babyfine)

I thought I read

January 23 2006, 3:04 PM 

somewhere that this was in the 1950's, am I right?

2a/fi/ii
fine thin,sometimes frizzy
Aubrey Organics S/C and styling products
Creme of Nature
Jessicurl/S/C and styling products

Respond to this message   
Annie
(Login AnnieNemus)
Forum Owner

Been looking into this

January 23 2006, 9:51 PM 

and I can't find the original reference.  It comes from the 2002 Guiness Book of World's Records.  Wish I had ready access to it to answer your question.  The only thing I have found is that the woman was from Portland Oregon.

Annie

Respond to this message   
Catherine
(Login Cat_Watt)
Forum Moderator

I looked through my files

January 24 2006, 9:02 AM 

but couldn't find a time or place for her. This is all I could find...

~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~

The oldest recorded natural pregnancy was a woman who was 57 years old in California in the late 90's.

The oldest woman to carry a spontaneous pregnancy was a Brazilian lady who delivered at 56 years of age.

She says Carmelina's was a natural conception, "a miracle of God". In 1995, aged almost 56, she gave birth to Carmelina by caesarean section, becoming the Mercy Maternity Hospital for Women's oldest mother....

I remember when I was a teenager, my aunt showed me a picture of the woman in the Guinness Book of Records who was the "world's oldest mother" at that time...the woman was 56 when she gave birth to her daughter...my aunt said dryly, "Well I'm sure women have had babies at an older age than that.." Which really wasn't surprising comment coming from her, she was 63 and still having monthly periods....

Out of curiosity I looked in the current Guinness book and the woman who had the record was 57 years and 120 days when she gave birth to her child, a natural conception.

----------------------------------------
~*~ Catherine

Our 1st precious baby together m/c @ 8wks in Feb/04 & many early losses since. My 3 sons & with 5+ previous miscarriages (7w-14w)

Life Begins... - my blog
http://born2luv.blogspot.com/

Stories of Pregnancy & Birth over 44y - Daily blog of 5 stories/day
http://pregnancyover44y.blogspot.com/

1,598 Stories of Pregnancy & Birth over 44 years old - All the stories
http://www.tonguewag.com/journals/catherine6067/

Respond to this message   
Annie
(Login AnnieNemus)
Forum Owner

One has to remember about the Guinness book

January 24 2006, 8:51 PM 

that they would only put someone in if they could verify the information, so if no one (a) submitted the info, or (b) they were unable to verify it, it wouldn't get in there.

Annie

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement