<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Hopeful...Suggestions Please

September 14 2009 at 8:24 PM
FILET  (Login filett)

I just turned 51 last week and my husband is 48. I have a 21 yr old son and I've had 2 miscarriages. My husband has 8 children. For the past two years I have been trying to conceive. I'm not going through
menopause yet and my cycle is regular. I started using an ovulation kit 6 months ago and every month
when the window of opportunity presents itself, we take advantage of the 48 hours. I'm still not pregnant. However, this month I'm late - only by 8 days but I'm cramping daily. My husband is supportive, however states that it has to be my eggs because he's never had a problem in the past.
I've made a doctor's appointment for both of us next month. Any suggestions...Anyone....

This message has been edited by filett on Sep 15, 2009 12:14 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Annie
(Login AnnieNemus)
Forum Owner

First of all

September 16 2009, 8:48 AM 

your husband's assumption that because things had worked well for him in the past that they still do is ludicrous.  Things change over time and the research shows that women aren't the only ones who's reproductive cells age. 

Both of you need to be tested, and both of you may need treatment. 

You're right to get to a doctor, but I'd suggest a reproductive endocrinologist rather than a regular ob-gyn.

[linked image]
Annie

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement