Go back  

Re: Could this Result in Liquidation of Alcor?

November 4 2008 at 11:22 AM
salyavin  (Login salyavin)

Response to Could this Result in Liquidation of Alcor?

I do not understand the law on this much at all but I am glad it is still being discussed. It would be horrible to see Alcor or CI be dissolved. On having an interest in a provider that one is not a member of I don't see why not. I am a member of Alcor but I am still interested in CI. Our community is so small that what happens to one organization may affect the other (see CI as a cemetary) , I also feel it is worth learning about what works or doesn't work for the other. Sometimes I see people say things like "I hate members of the other cryo org" or such and I really don't like that, I hope for cooperation and support. I would really hate to see a monopoly in our tiny community that would make us even more vulnerable than we already are. I am glad people who are not members of Alcor care about Alcor and want to try to help it. Even if Alcor does not fall, yet another negative new story would not be good for Alcor or even CI at all. As an Alcor member I would still be horrified if CI was liquidated (I do not feel this is likely at the moment) and would want to prevent it.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Science and TechnologyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement