Go back  

No Respect for Life

December 13 2008 at 10:33 PM
Finance Department  (Login Finance_Department)
Veteran Member

Response to Scientists find 2,000-year-old brain in Britain

You know what really bugs me about this? It's the same thing that bugs me about how archaeologists and other humans have over the decades treated the Egyptian mummies and such preserved persons (I know - some of them were intentionally wrapped after their brains were removed, so I am not talking abut those ones). And the whole idea that some cryonics organizations operate on, being a supposed receiver of whole body donations for anatomical research. Hello? When people arrange for some kind of preservation for themselves in hopes of possibly being revived in the future, should they be treated merely as specimens, to dissect and explore, by some future generation of not-so-fellow humans?

And the one in this report is no different. They are trying to preserve it intact, for what purpose? Possible survival of the person? NO, it is being kept in environmentally controlled conditions "for further study". Ain't that reassuring for the future of cryonics specimens.

FD

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Science and TechnologyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement