Go back  

Employee Turnover in Cryonics

January 29 2009 at 2:57 PM
Melody Maxim  (Login melmax)
Filtered User

Response to Cryonics employees

Employee turnover may "seem" high, in cryonics, but it's relatively low. Take Alcor out of the equation, and it's virtually non-existent.

There are four employees, (allegedly all members of the same family), that have been at Critical Care Research (CCR), for years. Five of Suspended Animation Inc.'s (SA's) six employees are the same people who were there when I left, two years ago. Charles Platt and Aschwin de Wolf who were employees when I was first hired, are still "consultants" for that company. I'm not sure, but I think the faces at 21CM don't change, very often. (These are the almost-entirely-LEF-funded organizations, where turnover seems low and mostly unrelated to job performance and/or qualifications.)

The same two employees have been at Cryonics Institute, have been at Cryonics Institute for years. (I think Andy has been there more than 20 years!)

If the turnover at Alcor is high, it's probably because they have to constantly deal with negative publicity and someone has to be the scapegoat. If you ask me, other than two people I believe to be very committed to cryonics, I doubt it really matters which one of Alcor's employees gets the axe, next.

Instant, and nearly complete, turnover in cryonics patient care providers would be a very good thing, provided the replacements were educated and skilled in emergency medicine and perfusion. (I wrote "nearly" complete, because there are a few individuals who have my utmost respect and admiration. And, no, FD, I won't name names, at the moment. They know who they are, and if you've been paying attention, you do, too.)

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Science and TechnologyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement