Go back  

That was not a "personal attack"...

March 12 2009 at 6:59 PM
  (Login melmax)
Filtered User

Response to No attacks

...and that objection is rather funny, coming from Sparks.

I know plenty of personal information about Platt, and others at SA, but I would never post it on this forum, (or anywhere else, for that matter), because it's PERSONAL, and was told to me in confidence. HOWEVER, if I believe someone has behaved incompetently and/or unethically, in cryonics activities, I feel I have a right, (perhaps even a duty), to comment.

Sparks is not going to stop me from commenting on the posts of people I believe to be a negative influence on the field of cryonics, (the moderator might, but Sparks is not). I don't know why Sparks has suddenly become so protective of Platt, anyway. Charles is quite intelligent, an excellent writer and fully capable of defending himself, if he so chooses. Perhaps Sparks has been receiving some of those, "If she doesn't stop, we'll all be thawed before our time," emails. It's the questionable activities of some of those within the ranks of the cryonics organizations, (not the critics), who are the greatest threat to the continued practice of cryogenic preservation.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Science and TechnologyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement