Go back  

Why There Is No Response from Alcor?

June 9 2009 at 11:16 AM
George  (Login George1st)
Probationary User

The original thread is locked by the moderator, so I am responding in a new thread:

FD: “So why didn't Alcor sue THESE people?
Just wondering. I do remember seeing Pizer's post.
It did not occur to me at the time that Alcor would
actually ask for a body to be exhumed and sent to them
for, um, storage.”

I am quite disgusted by this affair, so for a moment I will play here devil’s advocate:

Looking at it objectively (without cryonics-colored glasses) one could ask why these people did not sue Alcor for gross negligence among other causes of action. Objective facts are: Alcor took a large sum of money from an elderly sick man. In exchange for his mony, Alcor promised him resurrection and a future life approaching eternity. After which Alcor promptly forgot about him. Five long years Alcor could not care less whether the old man was alive or dead. Then Alcor somehow found that the man is long dead. It walked them up really fast and realized that there is more money in the dead man’s estate. Their legal eagles concluded that the only way to get it is go to the court and demand exhumation of the old man and transfer his decomposed remains to Alcor, officially “for medical research”. Which is what they are doing. They may have more of such elderly members and this situation may be repeating itself again.
End of “Devil’s Advocate” mode.

Now I challenge Alcor to disprove this theory and explain what is going on and why for five years they did not care whether their “member(s)” is/are alive or dead.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Science and TechnologyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement