Go back  

your conjecture

July 2 2009 at 3:17 AM
Charles Platt  (Login cplatt)
Veteran Member

Response to Cool...

"If it is really relatively inexpensive to hire a local team of paramedics (or retired paramedics), it sounds like that could be the best option available."

Full-time and part-time arrangements have both been tried.

A team of 8 paramedics was retained under a consultancy contract with Alcor in 2002/2003, prior to the Larry Johnson conflict.

When SA was created by David Hayes and David Shumaker, one of its four fulltime staff was a paramedic. He participated in an SA case and was at the SA Open House three years ago, at which time he made it clear that his services were still available for cryonics cases. I don't know his current status.

Between 7 and 10 paramedics (the number varied over time) were retained under a consultancy contract with Suspended Animation in, I think, 2004 and 2005. I lack information on their current status. Three of them had previously participated in Alcor cases, under contract with Alcor.

Alcor member Don Laughlin has his own fulltime emergency medical team, who I believe are well qualified and have been Alcor-trained.

The current team leader at Alcor (employed on a fulltime basis) is a paramedic. His fulltime predecessor at Alcor was a paramedic, and his fulltime predecessor at Alcor was a paramedic.

At least one fulltime SA employee is qualified as an EMT.

I believe that everything I have stated above has been made public at some time or other. You can learn a lot by reading archival materials on Alcor's web site. Since I am not as active in cryonics as I used to be, I may have missed some recent developments. If you want to know more, I suggest you contact the organizations yourself.

Note that CI does not have any emergency medical staff as employees or consultants, because CI does not do its own standby-transport procedures.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Science and TechnologyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement