Go back  

Buying hope?

September 3 2009 at 3:20 PM
  (Login CF_Moderator)
Moderators

Response to The "Darwin" Quote

I think that there is some truth to that, because there are some cryonicists who don't want to see any criticism at all. There are those who would rather remain ignorant of any faults their organization or current procedures may have. At the same time, though, I do believe there is some wisdom in the old adage about the perfect being the enemy of the good. By that I don't mean that you are necessarily aiming for some sort of idealized perfection that cannot exist, on the contrary, I believe that many of your suggestions are quite practical. It is my hope that many of them will become the standard at some point in the future, hopefully quite soon so that I may benefit from them. However, I don't agree that current procedures, as flawed as they may be, are no better than burial or cremation. It seems far more likely to me that partially vitrified/frozen remains would at least be potentially reparable.

This message has been edited by CF_Moderator on Sep 3, 2009 3:26 PM

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Science and TechnologyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement