Go back  

Re: Is FD Committing Libel?

October 25 2009 at 10:51 AM
George  (Login George1st)
Probationary User

Response to Is FD Committing Libel?

Well, I think FD got himself out on the limb with his defense of Alcor and his sweeping charges of lies, fraud (and by implication perjury) against Johnson posted on the Internet. But it is only for Johnson and his publisher to decide whether they want to defend themselves against it.

More important is the misguided and amateurish public campaign by Alcor claiming that Johnson is lying and as evidence of it presents sworn affidavits that the head in question was not struck by a wrench. Alcor publicity quote: “ In fact, multiple individuals verified as documented witnesses to patient transfer procedures state without hesitation that Mr. Johnson’s claims are pure fabrication...”. (We still do not know who the other witnesses were. Alcor does not identify them.)

Well, Johnson claims the head was hit with a wrench. Alcor publicly claims it is a lie, a fabrication and defamation. What is the poor court to do? He can order to exhume the head and send it to a crime lab for analysis. Should the crime lab analysis confirm that the head was indeed damaged with a heavy, blunt object, you know what it might cause for other heads in Alcor storage? Even if this court does do that, any one of the law enforcement agencies with jurisdictions might attempt the same. I do not want that and I hope FD does not want that, (or maybe he does). So why this publicity campaign that Johnson is a liar, fabricator and engages in a fraud? Just shut up and defend yourself in the court!

Should Johnson (and his publisher) prevail in the court, they will have a solid foundation for a legal action against those who publicly accused them of lying, fabrications and fraud.

Finally, FD claim that I want Alcor to fail. Nonsense. I just put that on the pile of other frivolous accusations. To repeat, so FD gets it, I do not want Alcor to fail. I want the cryonics industry to be reasonably regulated. Unless that happens there always will be another Kuntzman, another Johnson and scandal after scandal. Enough is Enough!

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Science and TechnologyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement