Who is "Cryonics Property LLC"?June 18 2010 at 11:39 AM
|Melody Maxim (Login melmax)|
According to Alcor's 2008 Form 990 (page 46), they paid a total of $146,352 to "Cryonics Property LLC." I'm guessing, that if one was to research earlier Form 990's, they would find similar payments.
According to Alcor:
"As of April 30, 2010, the Alcor Patient Care Trust Fund has assets of 3.55 million dollars, invested as follows:
The Patient Care Trust owns just over 75% of the shares in Cryonics Property, LLC, the limited liability company that owns the Alcor building (all other shares are owned by Alcor members). These shares (representing the Trust's equity in the Alcor building) are valued at approximately $470,000 based on the original purchase price of the building (they would be higher at current market value). The Trust also owns the mortgage on the building, valued at about $361,000. Alcor pays rent to Cryonics Property, LLC. Since Alcor does not occupy the entire building, there are additional tenants who also pay rent, which provides some additional income for the Patient Care Trust."
Yet, if I am reading this correctly, the Arizona Corporation Commission considers "Cryonics Property LLC" to have been dissolved, in September of 2001.
According to the Arizona Corporation Commission, the name "Cryonics Property LLC" is currently available, and anyone with $45 can snap it up.
Edit: Typo - changed "age" to "page" in the first sentence.
|This message has been edited by melmax on Jun 19, 2010 7:41 AM|
- Ask Jennifer - Finance Department on Jun 19, 2010, 2:10 AM
- Here is the answer - Steve Bridge on Jun 19, 2010, 8:50 PM
- Active Corporations Must File Annual Reports - Melody Maxim on Jun 19, 2010, 10:46 PM
- That rule only applies to corporations, not LLCs - Steve Bridge on Jun 19, 2010, 11:33 PM
- I forgot... - Melody Maxim on Jun 20, 2010, 10:29 AM
- melody - unperson on Jun 20, 2010, 6:27 PM
- un - Melody Maxim on Jun 20, 2010, 8:22 PM
- Get a life? - Finance Department on Jun 22, 2010, 1:52 AM
- Great to hear ... - Finance Department on Jun 20, 2010, 4:16 PM