Go back  

Ignorance and Superstition...

June 20 2010 at 4:16 PM
Finance Department  (Login Finance_Department)
Veteran Member

Response to females & more membership growth will only come when cryonics is integrated into religion

... have no place in the world of cryonics. Cryonics appears cultish to some people already; just add religion to it and you will solidify their case.

Besides, you are from America, right? And the Bible Belt, correct? America is about the only developed country in Western civilization that still has such a large percentage of its population whose lives are enslaved by the religious mentality. Most of Europe - the majority of people are like you, Mark and I - atheist or agnostic. How are we going to promote cryonics there? It sure won't be by connecting it with religion.

I have no problem with religious folks signing up for cryonics, and many have. I do have a problem with putting religion on cryonics' front page. And I see no value in getting masses of ignorant people to sign up. What are they good for? Promulgating more ignorance?

Cheers,

FD

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Science and TechnologyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement