Go back  

anger etc

July 20 2010 at 3:55 PM
charles platt  (Login cplatt)
Veteran Member

Response to Just a Few Remarks

I hope our esteemed moderator will allow a purely factual reply here, since I was accused of saying something that isn't true, and I would like to explain my reasons for believing that it is true.

Yesterday Maxim wrote, "I never said a 'therapist suggested it would be a good idea to let go of (my) anger,' and for Charles to suggest I was seeing a therapist for anything to do with anger, is most certainly untrue and, (to use Charles' "Word of the Week"), defamatory."

Apparently the reference to a therapist, or a counselor (I am not sure of the difference) originated on Maxim's own blog. On Cold Filter, on July 12, 2008 I wrote a post which I am quoting here, in part:

--------------------------Beginning of quoted Platt post

A friend forwarded to me some excerpts from the Maxim blog:

Certainly, "beating up" people associated with SA, felt a lot better than taking out my anger and frustration on people who I felt had unintentionally hurt me, or on my innocent loved ones.

and:

Sometimes, when we lash out, perhaps it's deserved, but the degree of hostility is influenced by other things.

and:

Though I know I won't be able to always turn those feelings off, or keep certain situations in their "compartments," I think I can do a lot better than I have been. (This is written with about seven months of weekly counseling sessions under my belt, and a lot of love and support from my family.)

--------------------------End of quoted Platt post

This is why I felt I had good reason to believe that what I wrote about counseling for anger was true.

In response to my post quoted above, Maxim wrote a lengthy reply on Cold Filter, dated July 12, 2008, accusing me of being manipulative. However in this lengthy response she did not dispute that my quote from her blog was accurate. Therefore I tend to think it was accurate. In the years since then, it appears to have been purged from her blog, but we still have the Cold Filter archives, so helpfully assembled by Finance Department. Thus anyone should be able to verify these posts. My post is serial numbered 1215879520, while Maxim's reply is serial-numbered 1215906121.

I hope there is no need to continue this thread, now that I have simply explained my reasons for what I stated.

--Charles Platt

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Science and TechnologyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement