Unrealistic pessimismOctober 21 2010 at 7:58 PM
|Luke Parrish (Login lsparrish)|
Response to Not making fun, but
Excluding all the positives and focusing on the negatives isn't realism. Consider the following:
- Health care will be cheaper per unit treatment.
- Prevention (e.g. anti-aging) will eliminate need for most treatment.
- Safety will be better, eliminating most of the need for trauma care.
- Food, clothing, etc. will be made cheaper by advances in manufacturing.
- Money that goes into trusts today will turn into compound interest.
I don't know where you are getting the idea that "we can't provide healthcare for living people now, and it will probably get worse." Yes there is more demand than supply, but that has always been true. We are getting better at meeting the demand, not worse, and that is likely to continue.