Go back  

Re: Couple of questions

October 22 2010 at 7:44 PM
Luke Parrish  (Login lsparrish)

Response to Couple of questions

The current number of uninsured is 50.3 million as of September, so, its going up.

Still meaningless unless you take into account the people that do have health care insurance. There's a significant number of new people being added to the equation every year, e.g. immigrants from mexico who didn't have insurance there either.

So Alcor and CI are going to be funding resurrections from their overabundance of capital? First time I've heard that one...

Maybe you haven't paid much attention. CI doesn't set aside nearly as much, which is one reason it is less expensive. However they do have a certain margin of safety, i.e. the cost per year is slightly less than the interest earned.

Have you established a trust for your revival? What's it going to cost?

I haven't even made arrangements for suspension at this point. I would imagine this is something that cryonicists could do collaboratively. Or we could rely on the Patient Care Trust of the providing organization -- any additional trusts would be a backup plan.

Voluntary contributions from the dewar?

Contributions from people who care, obviously. It's called being a Good Samaritan. Helping those in need... Great way to get warm fuzzies.

Taxes on average Americans to fund your scientific journey?

No, taxes on all those stingy rich people who would have to have hoarded all the money in order for there to be no contributions available to save someone from a medical emergency like this. Geez.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Science and TechnologyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement