Go back  

Re: the point

December 10 2010 at 9:17 AM
Luke Parrish  (Login lsparrish)

Response to the point

My opinion, cryonics is not full of misrepresentation. It is very misunderstood by a lot of people though. And many members of the community are flaky because of the fact that this is commonly seen (falsely in my view) as a freakish and unrealistic idea. The more evidence we have against the main leaders being flaky the better.

Stabilization improves your odds relative to a straight freeze (which in turn improves them relative to standard mortician work). How much depends on how well executed the plan is, but also on how predictably you die and whether you do so near the organization. EUCRIO is a fundamentally good idea because Europe is geographically small. Contracted physicians can be available more easily without having to wait months on the other side of a large continent.

Edit: I decided to take out the part of this post where I suggested David switch to a less public role. It might be a good overall idea from a PR perspective, but it would be his decision to make and might not be easy to find a suitable replacement. The main goal should be to have solid people making sure the job gets done.

This message has been edited by lsparrish on Dec 13, 2010 5:18 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

• hey hey! - queensblade on Dec 10, 2010, 10:44 AM
  •  
Find more forums on Science and TechnologyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement