Go back  

Re: Robert Ettinger deanimated today

July 24 2011 at 4:44 PM

(Login Cryoken)
Veteran Member

Response to Robert Ettinger deanimated today

One of the things you don't hear much about is Robert Ettinger's kindness. He was a very kind and thoughtful man. When Russ Van Norden was desperately trying to raise money for Marie Sweet's suspension, and found only condolences, Ettinger kicked in. He loaned equipment for the suspension of James Bedford, and others along the way. More recently, Bob Nelson ran into some financial difficulty. Ettinger offered to pay for Bob's suspension if anything happened to him before he could receive any money from the movie. He also contributed to wonderful chapters to our book, something we are very proud of and will always cherish.

Two years ago Bob Nelson and his family visited Ettinger and stayed at his home. While he was there he interviewed Ettinger on camera. The quality is not very good, but workable. I will do my best to edit and improve the video. When I'm done I'll upload it and share the link here.

One thing Ettinger didn't lose, all the way to the end, was his clear thinking and sharp wit. He will be sorely missed in this community.
[linked image]
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Science and TechnologyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement