Go back  

Re: Hiatus

March 30 2012 at 2:21 AM
Mathew Sullivan  (Login MathewSullivan)
Veteran Member

Response to Re: Hiatus

All that I'm prepared to say is, I'm feeling a sense of appreciation for the positive events and people in my life. To the extent that I am or will be happy on how things turned out; well, ask me this question again in a couple hundred years if I'm fortunate to be alive. Being that I'm an Alcor member, not dieing outside of Arizona at this point in time and having my memories properly vitrified has the potential to be a positive event.

Can't say that I have any obvious disagreement on your last two paragraphs, but there is a distinction that comes to my mind with Henry Ford's attachment to the Model T. I don't know to what extent the movie I watched in my youth on this subject had been fictionalized, but the movie does remind me of experiences I went through even at the start of my career with his son's interest in innovation.

The clear risk here to the original vision of cryonics is, it has such a narrow focus that it may miss the proverbial train.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Science and TechnologyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement