<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Go back  

LJ book on Big3News Webcast

October 5 2009 at 3:07 AM
Speedy77  (Login speedy77)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=078sWq6kH3w

[I added to the title. At the above link, they try to get Alcor on the phone without much luck. They also read from Alcor's press release, in which Alcor denies any mistreatment or disrespectful treatment of Ted Williams' remains, and claim they will litigate all false allegations. -J.]

This message has been edited by CF_Moderator on Oct 5, 2009 8:02 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
TWrelated
(Login TWrelated)

Alcor's denial

October 5 2009, 10:19 AM 

It dawned on me this morning, why don't they just state the obvious:

"We're the cryonics experts, there's no one to tell is what to do or how to do it. The corpses are our property, we can do whatever the hell we want with them! So, STFU."

Respond to this message   
Finance Department
(Login Finance_Department)
Veteran Member

Alcor's Lawyer

October 5 2009, 8:38 PM 

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2009/10/03/Ted-Williams-claim-to-prompt-lawsuit/UPI-11771254599737/

Which makes one wonder - surely Johnson could not have thought that he would escape being sued again by Alcor, and criminal contempt for violating the prior court order. Does he have some wealthy backer? Is he planning yet another "motorcycle accident"?

None of this as exciting though as which brand of fish can it was. Fishy, indeed.

FD

Respond to this message   
George
(Login George1st)
Probationary User

Alcor’s bucket brigade hard at work

October 5 2009, 11:08 PM 

“Which makes one wonder - surely Johnson could not have thought that he would escape being sued again by Alcor, and criminal contempt for violating the prior court order.”

The suit has been filed in New York State and despite what Alcor’s bucket brigade will claim, Johnson did not lose. The book distribution will continue unimpeded. The court allowed it. One has to wonder, where is Alcor getting those wonder “lawyers”, from Legal Aid Society?

After winning the motion Johnson said the following:

"You have a right to be frozen, just like you have a right to cremation or burial," Johnson told the Daily News. "But people need to know what is going on at Alcor. I feel very strongly that lawmakers should step in and regulate this field. It sickened as a medical professional me that they would do this stuff."

This very well might result in congressional hearings...

I am just waiting to see how much that tuna fish can will fetch at eBay.

Respond to this message   
Finance Department
(Login Finance_Department)
Veteran Member

The book won, yes, but Johnson?

October 5 2009, 11:58 PM 

There is a bit of a difference between a court in New York allowing a book publisher to publish a book, and an Arizona judge who might just be more than a little p'oed off at his restraining order being ignored.

Time will tell, though, just how smelly that old cat food* can might get!

FD

*Arguably the only valid use for canned tuna, regardless of its labelling

Respond to this message   
Speedy77
(Login speedy77)

Court rejects Alcor's bid to block release of book

October 5 2009, 8:40 PM 

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Go back  
Find more forums on Science and TechnologyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement