Fellow Cryonicists, Immortalists, and all who like to write here.
I am hoping you will write an article of your choice for our monthly electronic magazine - Venturist News and Views.
The first (test) issue of our new cryonics, life extension magazine is available on our site at venturist.info
The Society for Venturism is now going to shift into high gear, with a lot of new ideas and work, to try to motivate people to get interested in cryonics, and then steer them towards companies like Alcor and CI to investigate it further, and then join up.
We are hoping to build up the readership of our electronic magazine, to get the ball rolling, and need help with long or short articles on life extension and cryonics or other subjects.
As more people become interested in cryonics, they will create more resources that can lead towards success.
I hope you will consider sending something to our editors: [email protected]
or [email protected]
ANNOUNCEMENT & APPLICATION -------- SOCIETY FOR VENTURISM REORGANIZATION:
The Society for Venturism is reorganizing and proposes to offer some exciting new possible benefits for its members. There are two ways to join: as a Full Member, or as a Venturist Supporter (see below). Here is what Full Members who renew their membership (or new people who join) in 2012 can receive:
1. "No Autopsy" Card: Any Venturist Full Member can request a membership card stating the Venturist Member is a "Religious Objector to Autopsy" to carry with you. It has your name and picture and wording stating that the member has a religious objection to autopsy (Note: This card has never been tested and it is unknown how a legal official would react to it.
2. Cryonics Suspension Protection: As a Full Venturist Member your name is entered on the list of Members who would like The Venturists to make a good faith effort to try to rescue you sometime in the future if your cryonic suspension with your primary suspension company comes in danger of being terminated.
DISCLAIMER: This applies if you were a Venturist Member (in good standing) at the time you were placed into cryonics storage by your primary cryonics organization (at present we recognize CI and Alcor) with all your storage charges paid in full to your primary suspension and storage provider. At some later point you might become in danger of having your cryonics storage ended before reanimation. If this should happen, and the Venturist Board of Directors felt they might be able to help get you moved to another storage company or get you reanimated, the Board would make a good faith effort to try to help you in that regard. Such action would depend on circumstances and judgments such as the amount of funds available and estimates of being successful (see below for more explanation). The Venturists make NO Guarantee that they can rescue a member, but only that they will consider the odds of success and other factors involved in making a good faith effort to try to rescue Venturist Members whose suspension becomes in jeopardy. In any and all cases the Board of Directors (in their sole opinion) will decide which attempted rescues to get involved in, and which ones (if any) they feel they should not get involved in. This possible protection is NOT to help Venturist Members get suspended but is only for Venturist Members after they have been placed in suspension and their suspension was paid for in full.
3. POSSIBLE FINANCIAL HELP AT REANIMATION FOR VENTURIST MEMBERS: If at the time of reanimation of Venturist Members, there is money left in this fund (above in #2), The Society for Venturism can use portions of the fund to help those Venturist Members who need help getting back into society. For instance: getting a new education.
4. OUR MEMBERS WILL RUN THE SOCIETY FOR VENTURISM: If you are a Member in good standing in 2012, and if you renew again in 2013, you will be eligible to vote for your choice of Directors, or to run for that position yourself, at the elections in 2013. From then on as long as a Venturist Member remains in good standing, they can vote in every election.
5. ANNUAL DUES: At present, the annual dues for belonging to the Society for Venturism are $100 per year. Of that approximately 50% goes into the Operating Fund and 50% goes into the proposed Patient Care Back-up Trust Fund, to be used for items listed in #2 and #3 above. If the Operation Fund does not use the full amount of money it collects each year for operations, that excess can be used for other purposes like (but not limited to), legal backing for our No Autopsy Cards, funding types of research helpful to cryonics, and other charity work.
MORE BENEFITS: Further, in the year 2013, we will be working on building the following:
6. Research Fund: We would like to help finance research in cryonics and possible chemical preservation which might be safer and more affordable for those who are considering cryonics suspension.
7. Cryonics Advocate Plan: Venturist Members who feel they may need an advocate around the time of their suspension, or any other time, can get help from Venturist Members who want to volunteer to help out in that position. This can be useful to have an advocate working with family and/or with medical professionals.
VENTURIST SUPPORTER OPTION: If you are not signed up with a primary suspension organization yet, but support our principles & goals you can sign up as a "Venturist Supporter" until you have your primary arrangements in place. Where application says "arrangements with" write in "Venturist Supporter." Otherwise fill in all the rest of the blanks. Most possible benefits can not apply to supporters.
ADDITIONAL DISCLAIMERS: The Venturist Organization, Inc. makes no guarantees that it can or will be able to provide any services. A lot will depend on the amount of funds the organization has at the time of the emergency, the time factors in how we are notified, the cooperation or lack of it from others in the event of a cryonics emergency, legal issues, the Board of Directors' estimate of the possible success of any actions, and other factors that may come into play. This new reorganization is to be considered a work in progress, and the Venturist Board of Directors reserves the right to make changes, (as various problems come to be known), that they feel will make the program more beneficial to the members. The members will ultimately have the final say as they can re-elect or replace directors at the annual elections.
APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP FOR 2012
A CHANCE TO BE A CHARTER MEMBER OF THE REORGANIZATION OF THE SOCIETY FOR VENTURISM.
Everyone who signs up and pays their dues this year will be considered a "Charter Reorganization Member." To join and obtain this status, please fill out this form enclosed with check or money order made out to "The Society for Venturism, Inc." and mail to: The Society for Venturism, C/O Creekside Lodge, 11255 State Route 69, Mayer Arizona, 86333. If you have any questions, or need special help, you can write to the above address or email to [email protected]
I (person listed and signing below), am applying for Full Membership in the Society for Venturism. I have full suspension
arrangements with ________________________________________ (Name of primary cryonics co.)
My suspension is fully funded by_________________________ (name of insurance, or type of funding ).
I agree with the Venturist Principles: 1). To advocate and promote the worldwide conquest of death through technological means, 2. To always try to do what is right. Also, I agree that if I am reanimated from cryonics suspension sometime in the future I will (within reasonable effort) try to help any other Venturist Members still in suspension.
DISCLAIMER: I understand and agree that The Society for Venturism, Inc. makes no guarantees that it can or will be able to provide any services. A lot will depend on the amount of funds the organization has the time of the emergency, the time factors in how we are notified, the cooperation or lack of it from others in the event of a cryonics emergency, legal issues, the Board of Directors' estimate of the possible success of any actions, and other factors that may come into play. The Society for Venturism, Inc. should it become aware of a dangerous situation of its members who are in, or later become in, cryonic suspension and have paid their primary suspension service provider in full for that suspension; and if that suspension should become in a situation where it was going to be terminated without reanimation of the Venturist Member who is a patient of that primary suspension company, then the Society for Venturism may make a good faith effort to try to rescue that Venturist Member Patient, and try to either get them reanimated or get them moved to another cryonics company for continued storage until a possible reanimation is available. There may be cases where in the sole opinion of the Society for Venturism Inc. a rescue attempt is not feasible , or the Society for Venturism may not have enough resources to take action. In any case regardless of the outcome, the Venturism Member who signs below agrees, and instructs is relatives, survivors, or any other party, to hold the Society for Venturism harmless for any and every possible outcome.
I agree to above _______________________________________________ __________________
Printed Name _____________________________________________________
Email address _____________________________________________________
Phone number _____________________________________________________
Check or money order enclosed for annual membership $100, (one hundred dollars), or lifetime membership $1,500 (fifteen hundred dollars), made payable to: The Society for Venturism.
If at this time, Member wishes to make an additional tax deductible donation please note that amount here.
Additional Donation Enclosed $ ______________________________________
Use this for as you think best, or (designate fund)_________________________________________________________
Send to: The Society for Venturism, C/O Creekside Lodge, 11255 State Route 69, Mayer Arizona 86333