Should work

by Oliver S. (Login oliver_s)

Hi Dandu,

I removed my DOS card from the 6100 quite a couple of years ago for a G3 CPU card, so my suggestions are based on experiences made more than ten years ago:

I only have experience with the original Apple drivers (PC Setup 1.6.?4?) on the 6100. If you are not urgently in need of a functionality only available with the 2.1.7 version, you could give the Apple drivers a try. As far as I remember, with the Apple driver and Win95, it was not necessary to disable the TCP/IP on the Mac. Both sides of the machine were able to access the network at the same time. But you had to (or at least I had it that way) configure the Win95 side with a different IP than the Mac side.

Do you have the possibility to capture the network packets being sent out from the 6100 with something like Wireshark on a different, directly hooked up machine to see if there are packets sent out, that possibly are falsely addressed? Maybe that could be of assistance during debugging your setup.

What can not be achieved (as far as I remember) was to send packets from the Win95 side of the 6100 to the Mac side of the 6100 and vice versa.

Probably my thoughts can get you any further...

Best wishes,
oli

Posted on Mar 9, 2016, 12:59 PM

Respond to this message   

Goto Forum Home

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement