<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Lightspeed is not Constant (to observer) !!

June 27 2009 at 8:33 PM
nakayama 

Even i : a poor amateur can show several proofs. The following is one of these.

In outer space, a mirror is reflecting a star light. When mirror moves along the light path, the formula : lightspeed = frequency x wavelength changes as follows (at view point of the mirror).
About reflected light.
Frequency & wavelength change. Lightspeed is unchangeable.
About incident light.
Frequency & lightspeed change. Wavelength is unchangeable.

http://www.geocities.co.jp/Technopolis/2561/eng.html

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
nakayama

Re: Lightspeed is not Constant (to observer) !!

July 1 2009, 1:00 AM 

It's like "The King's New Cloths" or "Snow White". "Principle of Constancy of Light Velocity" (to observer) is wrong unquestionably.

Error (invalidity) of this "Principle" (to observer) seems to be an open secret among not a few professionals. But none talks about. Because problem is too big (and too absurd), i think (Editors of journals may pretend not to recognize my letter). Fortunately, my web-site entered into Google's directory (physics > relativity > alternative) last year.

Following words are not seen in book on relativity. "Orbis", "speed gun", "wave number" or "extinction". It's not a little things. Never !! (There may be many other unfairness and irrationality)

Aaron

The speed of light is not a constant.

July 1 2009, 1:56 AM 

Nakayama
again I agree.
This comes from by blog.
http://aaronsreality.blogspot.com

Speed of light is a variable

Citationhttp://www.rpi.edu/dept/phys/Dept2/APPhys1/optics/optics/node4.html
Cite DJ Wagner at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

The speed of light has a maximum velocity of 2.99792458 x 10^8 m/s in a vacuum.

The index of refraction of some common materials are given below.
material n material n
Vacuum 1 Crown Glass 1.52
Air 1.0003 Salt 1.54
Water 1.33 Asphalt 1.635
Ethyl Alcohol 1.36 Heavy Flint Glass 1.65
Fused Quartz 1.4585 Diamond 2.42
Whale Oil 1.460 Lead 2.6
Values of n come from the CRC Handbookof Chemistry and Physics

v = c/n
Where
v = velocity of light through the medium
c = maximum speed of light in a vacuum
n = optical density or refractive index of media

--------------------------------------
v(lead) = c/n(lead)= (299792458 m/s) /(2.6) = 115304791.538 m/s through lead.

--------------------------------------
Dark Energy has a refractive index of ~<1. Though quite small Dark Energy still affects the speed, wavelength, frequency, and temperature of the photon-wave over great distances. <br>
This is very important. I am beginning to think that the only constant is change.

Aaron

nakayama

July 2 2009, 8:54 PM 

Aaron,

Thank you so much for favorable posts.

Aaron

The observer

July 2 2009, 9:09 PM 

Nakayama,

In my opinion, the observer is not relevant to the speed of light. Really the observer is just a photon receptor.

Also that mirror slows down the speed of light. Any time a photon hits an electron it writes its information to the baryon. The baryon recalculates and emits a new photon. This in my opinion is the cause of the reduction in speed.

That thought may actually prove that the speed of light is constant. Just the calculation of information by baryons may slow it down giving it the appearance of consistently slowing down. Where it could be Photon - - - baryon (calculate) eject photon - - - baryon... I hope that makes sense.

a

nakayama

July 6 2009, 9:40 PM 

About emitted beam and reflected beam of "Orbis" or "speed gun", the formula : lightspeed = frequency x wavelength is as follows. At observer (at stand-still in the air) : Lightspeed is equal. Frequency & wavelength is not equal. At moving object : Frequency is equal. Lightspeed & wavelength is not equal.

In the outer space, lightspeed is not equal at both (observer and moving object).

Aaron

Reiter

July 7 2009, 12:10 AM 

http://www.unquantum.net/

This has been tantamount in describing photons for me. Without it I would still be working on the particle-wave paradox. He even describes a simple experiment that proves that photons are only waves. This experiment is reproducible by people who don't have huge budgets.

I think this may help in understanding photons.

a

Aaron

Reiter waves

July 7 2009, 12:36 PM 

I hope this was helpful. It sure helped me evaluate photons.

a

nakayama

From Pauli's book

August 26 2009, 9:10 PM 

In a book "The theory of relativity" by W.Pauli : 1958, there is a passage as follows. "Rather should one say that for an observer moving with the medium, light is propagated as usual with velocity c/n in all directions".

It may explain that null result of Michelson-Morley experiment. And may deny Einstein's explanation on the result of Fizeau experiment with flowing water : 1851.

Rebis

no-velocity

August 27 2009, 2:06 PM 

nakayama: In a book "The theory of relativity" by W.Pauli : 1958, there is a passage as follows. "Rather should one say that for an observer moving with the medium, light is propagated as usual with velocity c/n in all directions".
===============

Sorry but it seems you, as everybody else on this forum and elsewhere, are also deeply confused with the Big Confusion - c is not speed at all, light is not "in motion". Try to think dinamically, resonance is in question.

N. Tesla was fully aware of it.

Blessings

nakayama

Re: From Pauli's book

October 26 2009, 8:38 PM 

There is Einstein's passage the same as above Pauli's. Therefore (probably) he say he didn't know M-M experiment. He may have no choice (but to say so).

nakayama

Lightspeed may be appearance

January 31 2010, 8:12 PM 

On the moon's surface, there is a passenger car. It's roof is made of glass. From just above, light waves (plane waves) of a star are entering this roof horizontally. These plane waves reach floor horizontally also (it must be so geometrically). If Einstein's "right triangle" is right, when the passenger car moves, number of waves that stay between the roof and floor may increase. And it may be the same to an observer who is in the passenger car (it's irrational. speed of light ray in the moving car is appearance).

nakayama

February 2 2010, 8:16 PM 

[P.S. : To the post on 31 Jan 10] The speed of wave front (horizontal) in above passenger car (moving) may be visible to be the same to an observer who stands on the moon's surface.

Don Nelson

Light speed is constant in all reference frame

February 9 2010, 7:58 PM 

See item that I submitted to the forum on "The Special Relativity Solution and the Shrinking Universe." If you are on the mirror, it is at rest with itself and all comoving point and the the speed of light would measurted in the mirror rest frame. If you are on earth the earth would be at rest with itself and the speed of light would be measured in its rest frame. Therefore, the two measurements have the same value. Likewise if you determine the velocity light in any frame it would be determine in the rest frame.

AAF

February 10 2010, 2:55 PM 

Is the speed of light always equal to [c] in the reference frame in which light is at rest?

No; not always; only in free space!

For example, in water, the speed of light, relative to its own rest frame, is equal to [c/n];
where [n] is the refractive index of water.

Don Nelson

Light speed is constant in all all frame in a vacumm

February 10 2010, 11:46 PM 

It is true and accepted that the speed of light varies in different media. In fact I have read where light has a velocity of nearly zero (38 miles per hour, HARVARD GAZETTE ARCHIVES,Physicists Slow Speed of Light, By William J. Cromie, February 18, 1999). However, I was talking about a near vacumm. It also may be true that light would have a constant velocity in each medium in all interia frame of references since it would be determine in the rest frame where the observer is located.

AAF

February 11 2010, 4:20 PM 

In the previous post, the question was:

"Is the speed of light always equal to [c] in the reference frame in which light is at rest?"

Obviously, the speed of light, in the reference frame in which light is at rest, is always equal to ZERO.

Sorry, for the mistake!

Don Nelson

The frame is at rest not light

February 11 2010, 11:10 PM 

The rest frame is where one measures the velocity of light. The meauring apparatus is at rest with respect to meaurering apparatus. When you are in a car the car seems to be at rest and the road appear to be moving. If light was measured in the car again the meausring apparatus would be at rest with the car.

AAF

February 12 2010, 6:09 PM 

If the rest frame is where one measures the velocity of light, then it must be the frame of reference in which the measuring observer is at rest.

Don Nelson

Light speed is constant in all all frame in a vacumm

February 13 2010, 5:35 PM 

Yes the observer can be taken as the rest frame as compared to other point. However, we can not say that the observer frame is the absolute rest frame. This is because one can never determine the absolute frame of reference. All that can be done is compare his frame to other frames. All frame can have a nondetermimable common velocity.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement