<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

SCIENTISTS TELEPORT PARTICLE INTO SPACE IN MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH FOR QUANTUM PHYSICS

July 12 2017 at 1:41 PM
Max 

Scientists have successfully teleported something into space for the first time ever. The experiment saw Chinese scientists send a photon up away from Earth, further than ever before. Teleportation of this kind uses the bizarre effects of quantum entanglement, rather than physically hurling the object itself over distances. Instead it transfers the information about a photon to another point in space – creating a faithful replication of the object.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/object-teleport-space-successful-scientists-a7836956.html

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Amigo

Re: SCIENTISTS TELEPORT PARTICLE INTO SPACE IN MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH FOR QUANTUM PHYSICS

July 12 2017, 3:16 PM 

>>>Scientists have successfully teleported something into space for the first time ever.

If you know how to pick out 1 teleported photon from zillions and zillions and zillions of free photons in space - please - please - please - tell me.

Anonymous

Re: SCIENTISTS TELEPORT PARTICLE INTO SPACE IN MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH FOR QUANTUM PHYSICS

July 12 2017, 6:15 PM 

>>>> please - tell me.

chinese researchers haven't published enough data. but - since their colleagues in the states and japan and elsewhere are not wining about it - i would assume the chinese kept teleporting 1 photon there many times over till they had a big pool of data to which they applied quantum statistics' methods and got more than 3 sigma over the noisy photons in the background --https://thecuriousastronomer.wordpress.com/2014/06/26/what-does-a-1-sigma-3-sigma-or-5-sigma-detection-mean/

Anonymous

July 12 2017, 6:32 PM 

don't whine about wining - i meant whining - of course

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement