Return to Index  

Join me - San Diego to Washington DC, late June

May 8 2008 at 9:01 AM
Cecilia  (Login concealedraisin)
from IP address 165.24.249.110

Hey there,

I'm a 26f looking for companions on a late June to late August ride from San Diego, CA to Washington, DC. Why then? I will be losing my job (as a teacher) and figure that I won't have a completely free summer again for a long time... so I'm taking advantage!

Since it will be too hot to do the Southern route, I'll be heading northeast gaining gradual elevation up the 395, then into Nevada. I've got the Adventure Cycling maps (both Western Express and TransAmerica) so the plan is to link up with that route in Fallon, Nevada.

I'm not in amazing shape, but am confident I'll be able to do this. I'm giving myself plenty of time to go at a reasonable pace, averaging 65 miles a day. Been doing some minor training; probably I'll be pretty tired the first week out.

I'm going self-contained and camping or hoping for some generous home stays.

Anyway, my biggest concerns (in no particular order) are the following:
- saddle sore
- bike breaking down
- hills!!!
- my stuff getting stolen while buying groceries or something... so here's where you come in ;)

Please let me know any or all of this sounds good to you. You can reach me at cecilia.anderson@gmail.com -- or, if you just have some helpful tips, I'd love to pick your brain.

Happy riding!

Ceci

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Mountain BikingCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement