<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

From Kansas City to San Diego

November 20 2010 at 11:03 AM
Joe Bates  (Login jbates1926)
from IP address 173.10.9.94

Hello all,
My name is Joe Bates. I am just now starting the plan or idea of cycling from Kansas City, MO to San Diego, CA to visit my sister. This idea I am going to make happen. Any input of thoughts and planning would be greatly helpful as this quest begins.
My story in a nutshell. I have nothing to lose but alot to gain. I am not looking for fortune nor glory. I currently reside in KS and am serving time in a work release program do to a DUI i received. As I have lost a high-profile job due to this. It has really made think about who I am and want I want out of life. This is a personal goal I want to start and make it to my goal in San Diego!

Regards,
Joe Bates
jbates1926@gmail.com

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Joe Bates
(Login jbates1926)

More to add

November 20 2010, 12:37 PM 

A Journey Begins
Goal
To cycle from Kansas City, MO to San Diego, CA to see my sister.
Motivation
Over the last 2-3 years I have been facing legal issues and a drinking issues. It’s time I make a change in my life for the better. These issues have not only affected me but my entire family too. I have not been able to hold down a consistent job due to the fact that I will now admit to a problem of going out and drinking.
My last job was at AMC which was lost due to a probation violation in which I had to serve 30 days in jail and 6 months on a work release program. During this time I was and currently reflecting on my actions of this self-destructive behavior. If I continue this route I see no future for not just me, but my 11 year old son Tyler. I ask myself what on God’s Green earth can I do to change.... What?
This is where I leave my past and start a new Journey...No matter what it takes!

Respond to this message   
BicycleDiva
(Login bicyclediva)

So what happened?

April 20 2011, 7:22 AM 

Joe,

Hi, I'm curious about whether you did the ride yet or not. Are you still in the planning phase?

Respond to this message   

Steve Garufi (Colorado Guy)
(Login stevegarufi)
+ Accepted Members +

I wish you the best of luck! ...

November 21 2010, 8:11 PM 

Not only with your ambitious bike ride, but with taking on the things in your life! happy.gif

-Steve
www.ColoradoGuy.com

Respond to this message   
C. vonfreymann
(Login vonfreymann)

Life

March 10 2013, 9:11 PM 

I had a High stress great paying job... Got sick, and now living life instead of it running me. Enjoy it do things that are rewarding. I ve quit all those things that are dragging me down, and happy that Im on this same path as you will be.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Mountain BikingCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement