Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • McBrides of Rutland
    • (Login Rbv)
      Posted Jul 7, 2006 4:04 PM

I don't know that there is any connection to my family but my mother knew the McBrides and I have connected them to the McGuires in Rutland.
      They lived on South Main St and the house belonged to Bartly McGuire which was passed down to the McBrides.
      Barthlomoew McGuire married Bridget - not sure if her last name was McGuigen or McGinn. They had several children and she died. He then married Ann Winn, as a second marriage for both. She had been married to Michael McLaughlin and had children with him. After Bartly and Ann married they also had children. I have the family on my computer and will send it to you if you are interested.
      Neil McBride was killed in the north quarry of Rutland Marble company, at West Rutland according to the Rutland Herald of Tuesday, Nov 7, 1876.
      I have a copy of the article if you are interested.
      There is/was also a stone in St Bridgets cemetery according to the 'West Rutland Cemetery Inscriptions of Rutland County Vermont' by Margaret Jenks.

They were also connected to the Lee and Hannon families.

I'm connected to the McLaughlin, McGuire and many other Irish names.

Hope this helps.
      Rosemary
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options Also send responses to my email address

Create your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement