<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

McDevitts Galore: Ship Robert Kelly Lands NYC 1851

August 17 2005 at 4:23 PM
peter patten  (no login)

The following McDevitts were aboard the Robert Kelly landing at Castle Garden in New York Oct. 25, 1851. David caught my eye, dont know if he is the David McDevitt of Co. A 13th Vermont buried in St. Bridget's West Rutland.

Sarah age 8
David farmer 15
Margaret farmer 24
Sarah farmer 50
Alexander 3
Eliza 11
Neal 48
Willaim 11
Catherine 20
John clerk 22

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Bob McDevitt
(no login)

Canadian Connections?????

March 16 2010, 2:06 PM 

In the early 1850's, my great grandfather appears in Saint John New Brunswick Canada. I am not sure of his date of death but it was before his wife passed away. He was married to Isabella McGee who died in Saint John at the age of 60 on January 12, 1892. Isabella was born in County Derry, Ireland. Her death notice ion the paper requested Philadelphia papers please copy.

They had six children: John and George according to the 1851 Census were born in the United States. Robert A, Williams James, Joseph Edward and Thomas Henry were born in Canada beginning with William in 1856.

For 30 years I have not been able to make any connectios as to where John and family actually came from. Just came across your post and thought I'd send a response. One never knows when a connection might appear.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement