<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>View more postings  

John Frusciante is a killer

April 9 2005 at 8:20 PM
Average Score 3.3 (4 people)
Natally  (no login)

Did you know John Frusciante was the junkie that gave River the speed ball that killed him?

I have readed in the Across the way site for River, it so sad, i feel much anger, police should lock him. he deserves the worst.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jiggy Jam
(no login)

Re: John Frusciante is a killer

No score for this post
April 9 2005, 10:01 PM 

Why are you mad at the dealer? Shouldn't you be mad at River for taking the drugs?

Elle
(no login)

No score for this post
April 11 2005, 8:20 AM 

Im mad at the dealer, River, i was mad at Johnny depp for not having people there to check if there's drugs in anybodys pockets or bags. I was mad at god.
I dont blame Johnny Depp now as he wasn't to know. And im still mad at River but for leaving, but i just want to put that all behind.
River would never of hurt anybody. But when he died River hurt alot of people.

Naydine
(no login)

No score for this post
April 20 2005, 10:07 PM 

If i gave you a gun and hold you there was a possility there were bullets in it-and you decided to play Russian roulette..would it be my fault if you died? Just think about what you're saying.

family
(no login)

rip river

No score for this post
August 3 2005, 8:20 AM 

if i gave you a gun & some bullets & told you that shooting yourself would make you feel the best you've ever felt in your whole life, you might be persuaded to try it! likewise if i didnt give you a gun at all you couldnt take that risk! if jf hadnt given rio the brown in the first place, he couldnt have taken it & he might still be with us.
put a bit more thought into things before you hurt anymore of us.

Jesse Bee
(Login JesseBee)

Yes, if you give someone a gun, it is your fault.

No score for this post
December 9 2013, 11:37 AM 

Yes if you give someone a gun, you know to be freaky with guns, and had a problem with guns in the past it is partly your fault, and punishable by law.
If you give someone drugs, you KNOW there is a chance those drugs may have an adverse reaction and there- fore in part your responsibility. Anyone who knew River, knew he was sensitive and niave.

No one believes in victims anymore. No one shares the blame. We have become a blameless, shameless, nation of hardened selfish individuals.

TiffanyDenver
(no login)

RUSH LIMBAUGH?

No score for this post
May 7 2005, 3:54 AM 

Are you fucking Rush Limbaugh? HA HA HA- look what happened to him idiot. TAKING DRUGS TOO. SO give me a break!

Loz
(Login river_fan)

Score 5.0 (1 person)
February 21 2006, 5:21 AM 

I would be mad at the dealer, whoever it was. Yeah River may have been taken the drugs but it was someone ELSE's choice to seek him out and give them to him. And it says somewhere else the dose of speed was lethal. Saying the drug dealer isn't responsible at all is like saying opening a gate to a pool to a small child, allowing them to drown, isn't your fault. Yes, the child may have wandered in but they did not want to die, and you allowed them to through your actions. Anyone who thinks River died only because of himself, not due to anyone else's actions or what had happened in his life, has no heart.

wookiehobbit
(no login)

No score for this post
May 1 2005, 7:23 PM 

I agree that it's partly his fault, but mostly Rio's. Even though he was the greatest, he wasn't perfect, and was misdirected. It was Rio who took the drugs, not him, and he took them by choice. It wasn't a good choice, but what happened happened.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
May 1 2005, 8:54 PM 

I agree River made the choice to take the drugs, Its just hard to believe that those who truly cared about him couldnt help him, if the information is true, I dont know how john frusciante can live with himself, knowing that he may have contributed to Rivers death.

Ally
(Login Ally.M)

No score for this post
May 7 2005, 6:11 AM 

Yeah so what if John gave him the speedball that killed him! I mean yeah...it is upsetting, but no one shoved the speedball down his throat! River took it by himself with no help! It was his descision to take it, and he risked his life for it without knowing the results to what would happen! If there is anyone that you should be mad at, it would be River himself, he took it, no one else made him , it was his descision and he payed for the consequences! All we can do now is pray for him and hope he is in a better place!

Heather
(no login)

No score for this post
June 26 2005, 3:05 PM 

I truly am a River Phoenix fan, but I certainly don't blame John for River's death. John is not a murderer by any stretch...so far as I know, no one had a gun to River's head to snort heroine. Not that time in the bathroom at the Viper Room, not the undoubtedly dozens to hundreds of times he'd done it before. River and John both showed bad judgement and it cost one of them their life. Period.

True, River's support system could have probably done more talking to him, but in reality, even that wouldn't have stopped him from doing drugs. I'm quite sure that friends and family knew of his drug abuse (anyone seen The Thing Called Love?) Hell, I'm not a family member or friend and I could tell he was using. In the end it just boils down to he screwed around with drugs once too often. It could have happened to anyone. It's truly a shame to see so much talent flushed down the toilet.

squire
(no login)

DRUGS ARE THE KILLER, NOT FRUSCIANTE

Score 5.0 (1 person)
June 27 2005, 9:35 AM 

OH PLEASE!

YES WE ALL KNOW THAT JOHN FRUSCIANTE WAS THE ONE WHO OFFERED RIVER PHOENIX THE PERSIAN BROWN THAT SENT HIM INTO SEIZURES, EVEN HIS DAD JOHN PHOENIX MENTIONED IT IN AN INTERVIEW, BUT THERE IS NO WAY ON EARTH THAT JOHN FRUSCIANTE CAN BE BLAMED OR ACCUSED OF BEING A "KILLER" FOR RIVER PHOENIX DYING.

WHAT KILLED RIVER PHOENIX WAS RIVER PHOENIX THRU DRUGS. NOT A SUICIDE BUT LIKE ANY JUNKIE, YES "JUNKIE" THAT O.D'S, THEY DO IT TO THEMSELVES. NO ONE ELSE.

I'M SURE MR. FRUSCIANTE FEELS PRETTY FUCKED UP ABOUT IT AND IN FACT WENT INTO HIS OWN DRUG HELL FOR YEARS AFTERWARDS BUT NO ONE FORCED RIVER TO SNORT THE PERSION BROWN OR SWALLOW THE VALIUM OR SNORT THE COKE AND SMOKE THE WEED AND SNORT THE CRYTSAL METH! HE DID IT.

AND YES IT'S SAD THAT NO ONE WAS THERE TO STOP IT OR "HELP" BUT LET'S FACE IT AT 23 YEARS OLD
YOUR AN ADULT AND SHOULD BE MAKING DECISIONS FOR YOURSELF.
IT SEEMS THAT EVERBODY, FANS AND FAMILY, WANTED TO BLAME SOMEONE OR SOMETHING ELSE FOR HIS DEATH BUT IT WAS RIVER WHO DID IT. NO ONE DESERVES TO DIE LIKE THAT, IT'S VERY UNFORTUNATE & VERY TRAGIC FOR ANYONE TO DIE THAT WAY AND IN THAT MANNER

ACUTE MULIPLE INTOXICATION:
YOU DON'T DIE THAT WAY FROM A SPIKED DRINK OR JUST SOME BAD SHIT.
THAT'S A SERIOUS BENDER FOR A SERIOUS JUNKIE.
HE HAD PROBLEMS AND THE DRUGS MADE IT WORSE.

PEOPLE SAY WHY DIDN'T FAMILY AND FRIENDS DO SOMETHING WELL MAYBE THEY TRIED BUT AS ANY JUNKIE WILL TELL YOU THAT THE ONLY THING TO STOP THEM FROM USING IS WHEN THEY WANT TO STOP THEMSELVES OR DEATH! UNFORTUNATELY FOR RIVER IT WAS DEATH THAT STOPPED HIM.

YES HE WAS AN AMAZING ACTOR, VERY NATURAL AND TALENTED AND DARING, YES THE WAY HE DIED WAS TRAGIC AND DISTURBING BUT NO WAY CAN U BLAME ANYBODY ELSE FOR HIS DEATH BUT HIM.
NOT HIS FRIENDS, HIS DRUG DEALERS, JOHNNY DEPP, THE CLUB, L.A. OR WHATEVER.
HE OBVIOUSLY HAD SOME DEEP ROOTED PROBLEMS TO DEAL WITH AND NOW IT'S TOO LATE.

AS FOR THE COFFIN PICTURE, YES IT'S VERY REAL AND YES IT'S VERY WRONG THAT SOMEONE TOOK IT, NO QUESTIONS ABOUT IT!!!

BUT....

IF IT DOES KEEP PEOPLE IN CHECK WITH DRUG USE AND ABUSE THEN MAYBE IT WILL SERVE SOME SORT OF PURPOSE, IN SOME STRANGE AND MACARBE WAY. I DONT KNOW!

AS FOR PHEONIX'S BEST FILMS JUST WATCH HIM THRU THE MID 80'S TO THE VERY EARLY 90'S, HE WAS BRILLIANT, ABSOLUTELY ASTOUNDING PERFORMANCES AND PRESENCE

BUT....

THEN HIS LAST TWO FILMS ARE SHIT! HE'S NOT THE SAME ACTOR AS BEFORE.
IT'S ALMOST DISTURBING & EMBARRASING WATCHING HIM IN "THE THING CALLED LOVE" AND
"SILENT TONGUE."
YOU CAN SEE THAT HE'S JUST GOING THRU THE MOTIONS PRETENDING TO ACT, YOU CAN TELL THAT HE'S GIVEN UP WHILE HIGH AS A FUCKING KITE!!!!!

BUT AT LEAST WE STILL HAVE SOME AMAZING FILMS TO REMEMBER HIM BY AS AN AMZING ACTOR:

"STAND BY ME"
"MOSQUITO COAST"
"MY OWN PRIVATE IDAHO"
"DOGFIGHT"
etc

JC
(no login)

Re: DRUGS ARE THE KILLER, NOT FRUSCIANTE

No score for this post
June 28 2005, 12:44 AM 

Squire- gotta respond to this quote from your post:

"AS FOR THE COFFIN PICTURE, YES IT'S VERY REAL AND YES IT'S VERY WRONG THAT SOMEONE TOOK IT, NO QUESTIONS ABOUT IT!!!"

NO ONE knows who took that picture of River! It may well have been taken by someone in his family who did it out of need. And there's nothing wrong with that! (ICU and I discussed this briefly recently when I was just posting as "Anon.") Some "needs" for taking a picture of a deceased loved one: too shocked by an untimely or unexpected death to accept it at the time, therefore needing concrete proof later that the death did in fact happen and is real; not able to attend services and, again, need proof of the death to reach closure; can say goodbye to the image in the photo if you couldn't say it at the services (whether you were there or not--sometimes people need time before they can ever actually say the word "goodbye"); need it as the final piece of the person's story (full circle--birth to death). And there are bound to be numerous other perfectly logical reasons for something like this. It's actually way more common for families to do this than (apparently) most people realize. It's not weird, sick, or morbid when a family member has a need like one of the above and takes a picture like the one of River. If someone in River's family did take the photo, the ONLY weird, sick, morbid thing about it is that some wackjob stole it from the photo lab, reproduced it illegally, and put it--something so very personal--out there for the world to see!! Whoever did that is beyond reprehensible. I would hope they've been feeling guilt with every breath they've taken since doing this, but someone that ----ed up probably doesn't have anything in them resembling a conscience in the first place. IF this scenario is true (that a family member took the pic), the sad thing is that THAT person--a loved one of River--has probably been feeling like crap all these years because it was stolen and plastered everywhere, even though they did nothing wrong.

Anonymous
(Login river_fan1985)

No score for this post
June 28 2005, 9:57 AM 

aren't we a little too quick to point the finger?

JC
(no login)

No score for this post
June 29 2005, 5:25 AM 

"aren't we a little too quick to point the finger?"

I was absolutely NOT saying that I was sure someone in River's family took the picture, if that's what you mean. I just said IF someone in his family took the picture, there were some logical reasons (not sick, morbid, etc. as the previous poster had said) why family members take photos like that. I wasn't "pointing a finger" at anyone.

Anonymous
(Login river_fan1985)

No score for this post
June 29 2005, 7:06 AM 

fyi jc i was actually talking about the people who are saying that fru oh whatever his name is them saying that he killed him.

Jocelyn
(no login)

so John Frusciante is innocent?

No score for this post
July 28 2005, 3:51 PM 

That amount that he gave him was deadly and that cant be forgiven. I feel so angry because I hear this silly stuff about "River was the one who took the drugs". Yes, but you cannot expect that the drugs are going to KILL you.
Maybe John wanted to share the speedball with River because he wanted him to overdose. Who knows. Maybe he is evil. Ok, now I'm mean, but I just cant forgive! The John who gave River the speedball and the John who makes wonderful music are two different people for me.

ashley
(no login)

Re: so John Frusciante is innocent?

No score for this post
July 28 2005, 7:18 PM 

I am a fan of rivers but I cannot blame john for his death, I mean he did have a part in it but he didn't shove the drugs down his throat, rio made hat decision, I mean a drug dealer doesn't care whats gonna happen to the person, they just want money which I think he got alot of off rio!

squire
(no login)

Re: so John Frusciante is innocent?

No score for this post
July 30 2005, 12:09 AM 

In response to your:

"That amount that he gave him was deadly and that cant be forgiven. I feel so angry because I hear this silly stuff about "River was the one who took the drugs". Yes, but you cannot expect that the drugs are going to KILL you.
Maybe John wanted to share the speedball with River because he wanted him to overdose. Who knows. Maybe he is evil. Ok, now I'm mean, but I just cant forgive! The John who gave River the speedball and the John who makes wonderful music are two different people for me."

I'm sorry but the amount that was given to him by john frusciante was not a "deadly" amount as you say.
that in addition to everything else he took that night was the "deadly amount."

acute toxification usually refers to a strong amount of drugs and / or alcohol over a longer period of time as opposed to an overdose.

anyway, we're splitting hairs here!

the fact is that no junkie expect the drugs to kill them but hey...... guess what they do and no one is responsible for that but themselves!

the bottom line is that no one, no one was there to help him but in the end no junkie no matter what the circumstances will quit until he or she wants to quite themselves.

over all it's just a sad tale of a young life gone like so many before him and so many after him, famouse or not!!!!!!!

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>View more postings