<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>View more postings  

Untitled

May 31 2005 at 6:53 PM
No score for this post
Robert  (no login)

I'm surprised how the fact that River was bisexual has not been commented on. In several magazine interviews, he said he had feelings for men and women. In a French magazine article about 1992, River said the reason the campfire scene in "Idaho" came out so good, was because he really had sexual feelings for Keanu Reeves. River has also noted that he used to hang out in the bars on Santa Monica Blvd. (This is the gay strip of bars.)

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ally
(no login)

Re: Untitled

No score for this post
June 1 2005, 2:15 AM 

Hi, yeah I suppose its because everyone was kind of aware of it! Beleive me, it came to me as a shock when I read that book on River, it came as a big shock! Let me tell you, but I suppose we couldnt do anything about it, and if he were still alive, I wouldnt want to do anything about it! Its not really our problem, and it shouldnt be a problem anyway!

ashley
(no login)

No score for this post
June 1 2005, 12:24 PM 

wow, I had no clue he was bisexual, someone so cute like that! Well, that was his decision just like the many other ones he had. That's crazy!

ana
(no login)

No score for this post
June 1 2005, 6:55 PM 

aint that always the way? my ex was bi, and he was HOT!!! too many issues there though.

Ally
(no login)

No score for this post
June 2 2005, 1:51 AM 

Ash, neing hot has nothing to do with being Bi! It isnt any different if you were the ugliest person on earth, it wouldnt change the meaning of being gay! Anyone can be gay/bi, no matter how hot or ugly they are!

ashley
(no login)

No score for this post
June 2 2005, 12:12 PM 

True, but do you get me? I mean why would he want to get a man when he could of had any girl he wanted!

Barb
(no login)

No score for this post
June 3 2005, 1:27 AM 

I don't think that someone's appearance has anything to do with their sexual orientation, or vice versa.

Ally
(no login)

No score for this post
June 3 2005, 3:11 AM 

And it also dosent matter on your looks and getting girls! Its how he felt towards both men and woman! He wanted men and woman so he could have gotten either, but its not just based on looks!

(Login Tess16)

No score for this post
June 3 2005, 9:13 AM 

I wonder why none of his boyfriends (if any) came to light?

RP75
(Login RP75)

No score for this post
June 3 2005, 9:24 AM 

^^^^Because he had no boyfriends. River had love for both women and men, yes, just not in a sexual way. He was neither gay not bi. He was frequently misquoted, and alot of those foreign mags translate incorrectly too. Just to let you know.

(Login Tess16)

No score for this post
June 3 2005, 5:31 PM 

I also heard he had a gay relationship right beofre he did MOPI>

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 3 2005, 7:12 PM 

where did you?

ola
(Login holsyolsy)

No score for this post
January 11 2012, 4:53 PM 

http://www.harmony-korine.com/paper/int/oth/butt.html

"LaBruce: Were almost out of time. Tell us a River Phoenix story that would be good for BUTT. I was thinking of the campfire scene in My Own Private Idaho, and how you didnt really need to make Brokeback Mountain because you already did it.

Van Sant: Should I talk about how that scene was done?

LaBruce: Yeah.

Van Sant: Um, Id seen River in Stand By Me, and you know he had that great moment where he was talking about the teacher and he was crying about something unjust that had happened at school. And it kind of put him on the map. So when it came time to shoot the campfire scene in the desert, which was kind of a sex scene, or at least leading up to the possibility of sex, he wanted to put it off, because he hadnt got to that point yet emotionally with the character. He wanted to wait. So I said okay, even though it was sort of an unusual request. But sometimes I would baby the actors, rather than say, No, youve got to buck up and do the scene. But when he finally did it, even the crewmembers said, That was a great scene. And when the crewmembers say that, you know the actor got it right. The day before we shot that scene he came up to me and he had these napkins that were kind of pasted together with writing on them, and it was a complete mess, I couldnt read it. And he said they were ideas he had for the campfire scene, and he was showing them to me, and I was horrified, because he couldnt be rewriting Keanu Reeves lines. But he said Keanu was totally into it. So I said he didnt have to show me, wed just shoot it and if it wasnt working wed go back to the original scene, which was half as long. So the scene ended up slightly different. In the original script he doesnt tell Scott that he loves him, but he does ask him if he fools around with guys, and Scott says, Well I only sleep with guys for money. And River says, Yeah but were out in the desert and its boring. When I wrote the script he wasnt a gay character. He was a hustler character, but it wasnt really about love. But River decided to make the character gay and proclaim his love for Scott.

LaBruce: Do you think River ever had a gay experience?

Van Sant: Yeah, he had. Bobby Bukowski, the director of photography, said that he had sex with him before and after My Own Private Idaho. I think it said that in Rolling Stone.

LaBruce: And Bobby is completely gay, right. Wow, thats hot. Because Bobbys really cute too. I think River and also someone like Kurt Cobain they both had this longing to be gay because they both identified with, I dont know, the outsiderness of it.

Van Sant: Definitely. Well certainly Kurt. More so. Because River was coming into it really as a character, but he didnt have strong or even politically correct opinions about gay life. "

Much Love, Ola xx

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 30 2012, 4:12 PM 

Shut ur fucking mouth up! You dont know what the hell your talking about! .. loser! River had girlfriends NOT boyfriends. Go to hell!

Current Topic - Untitled
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>View more postings  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement