<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>View more postings  

SCARY RIVER PHOENIX

June 29 2005 at 10:53 AM
No score for this post
Mindy  (no login)

Why is the photo of River so scary? I havent looked at it but im new (a friend told me bout this site) and i can't believe you can actually see him dead?! I dont think I'll ever look but River was a beautiful and sweet person. Why he is scary now he is dead?
Mindy

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Cindi
(no login)

Re: SCARY RIVER PHOENIX

No score for this post
June 29 2005, 10:57 AM 

Hi there

Welcome to the site! I havent looked at the photo of River in his coffin either - I just don't want to see it - full stop. From what I've read off other posts on here, some people think it's a fake picture, other's think it is real. Aparently, he doesn't look very nice on it. Again, from reading other posts, he might have been repositioned so that he looks very uncomfortable and he has (aparently) some discolouring on his face due to embalming burns or something. Anyway, I can't say for sure as I havent looked, but someone said they had to sleep with their bedroom light on that night after they'd looked at the photo. I guess that's why some people think he's scary.

Peace,
Cindi. xxx

Mindy
(no login)

No score for this post
June 29 2005, 11:00 AM 

yuk! now i really dont wanna look. or do i? To see if people or lying about it. maybe its true river fans who are saying it is horrid just to deter more people from seeing it? It cant be THAT bad surely..?

mindy

Cindi
(no login)

No score for this post
June 29 2005, 11:02 AM 

I don't know. But I still won't look. I'd rather remember River as being full of life, not in a coffin. But yeah, if you want to go look, look. That's your choice...

D.J.
(no login)

how?????

No score for this post
September 1 2005, 3:14 PM 

how do u see him dead. where do u go i want to see the pic plz!!!! send the pic to me my e-mail is islandbaby124@msn.com

D.J.
(no login)

how?????

No score for this post
September 1 2005, 3:14 PM 

how do u see him dead. where do u go i want to see the pic plz!!!! send the pic to me my e-mail is islandbaby124@msn.com

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 29 2005, 11:20 AM 

I wouldnt really say that it is scarry, Its just something that is hard to get out of your mind. It may be because his hair is shorter and darker than usual. I also had trouble sleeping after seeing the picture, but as I said I think a lot of it was just that he had changed his appearance for the movie he was working on. I only viewed the photo out of curiosity, and will
never again look at it, respectfully I wish I had never looked at all.
Others believe he should not be praised, I however, believe that despite any of the problems he had, River Phoenix also had a lot of good in him, and was truely a beatiful person.

(no login)

I meet Johnny Depp

Score 5.0 (1 person)
March 26 2012, 10:47 PM 

I meet Johnny Depp In 1993 and he gave me the Viper shirt then he told my Mom about River Phoniex

(Login leonie_river)

No score for this post
July 1 2005, 3:36 PM 

I saw it.. I didn't know what it meant, so I watched at it.. It wasn't that scary, becouse some people even said it was fake! So.. Just think it is fake..

(no login)

gg

No score for this post
October 22 2005, 11:29 PM 

yah it kinda is scary...

(no login)

I know why

No score for this post
August 18 2005, 11:41 AM 

Hi
I read in another board it's called ATW and there can you find so much info.

Father .... was called by his mother HEART and he fly to Florida.
He say that he saw river in that thing many times and it wasn't look like that like in magazines, He was Peacefull and Beautiful.

But what's make me angry, because the monsters who toke pic they place him so the light is good.

THAT IS DISRECPEST Why can they live him alone.

Meghan <3
(Login x3iiwuvRiiverPhoeniix)

questionn

No score for this post
August 22 2005, 10:25 AM 

non .. do you happen to have that ATW sitee ? if you could post it that would be awsomee .. =]

Meghan <33*

(Login rikki444)

Re: I know why

No score for this post
April 19 2006, 9:16 AM 

river is a strange color in that pic and may look "scary" because he was cremated and therefore was not embalmed.

(Login leonie_river)

No score for this post
June 29 2005, 11:04 AM 

i've looked at it... But I don't think it is scary.. I didn't speak English, so I didn't know that he would be dead.. DIDN'T!! Now I do:P
It isn't scary.. But looking at him dead, isn't nice! If you know a little bit how he was, the picture is the opposite of it!
Bye..

jessica
(no login)

Re: ...

No score for this post
June 29 2005, 1:05 PM 

I've seen it, and wouldn't recommend looking at it. I regret it a lot. It's not that he looks scary, but it's kind of disturbing, and yes, very hard to get out of your head. It took me a long time to stop thinking about it, and it's been about a year since I saw it last, and I'm not itching to ever look at it again. My advice to you is to remember how he looked alive and beautiful. I know curiosity can drive you insane, but you'll only wonder, "why did I want to see this?"

atari
(no login)

river was georgeous

No score for this post
June 29 2005, 7:50 PM 

river was a georgeous human being. it's such a shame. but i'll say he's the first person i wish to see after i die, right before my grandmother and my grandfather and my great aunt. i really do miss him, even though i never really knew him. i hope there's another river phoenix out there, preferably one who's jewish, so i can marry him. (yes, i'm jewish, and i STILL love river even though he was so obviously against religion because of his bad and extreme encounters with it when he was younger.)river was very leftist and liberal, but only because of his past. and the picture? yes, it was scary. but we all die. and we all look like shit when we die. why should river be any different? let's celibrate his life, not lament over his untimely death.

atari

Anon
(no login)

Re: river was georgeous

No score for this post
June 29 2005, 9:18 PM 

How do you say you loved him when you never knew him? He's probably not the kind of person you'd want to love

Ashley15
(Login riversMemory)

No score for this post
June 30 2005, 4:45 PM 

I dont want to think of that picture when I think of river. His lips look blue and he looks so stiff I mean tense. It's dark and theres something eary about it.

(Login leonie_river)

No score for this post
July 2 2005, 6:37 AM 

Anon, if you don't know were youre talking about, shut up then! We love River becouse he was a sweet guy, and we all think it is stupid if you come over here and say sh*t! And yes, he is the kind of guy I love! Sigh...

Nicola
(no login)

FAO Ashley

No score for this post
August 18 2005, 12:54 PM 

Yeah Ashley, thats because he's dead !!!

Look at the picture, it might scare you off taking drugs.

Jadie
(no login)

Coffin

No score for this post
August 18 2005, 4:46 PM 

To be totally honest, when I saw the photo I found myself admiring his peacefulness. I am not sure if that makes sense or not, but I seemed to just look at the photo for about ten minutes, observing everything. It really isn't that bad. It doesn't seem real to me, like as though he is just laying there with cakes of make up on. It doesn't register to me that he is actually dead.

It seems like a genuine picture to me, but then again, if someone close to you had died, would you walk up to the open coffin and take pictures in front of his whole family and close friends? I think not.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Coffin

No score for this post
August 19 2005, 1:18 AM 

"It seems like a genuine picture to me, but then again, if someone close to you had died, would you walk up to the open coffin and take pictures in front of his whole family and close friends? I think not."

It is a genuine picture -- but it was taken illegally by some sleazy tabloid hag who snuck into the funeral home and snapped the pic obviously WITHOUT the permission if anyone in the family. That's why there's always such a fuss over the pic and whether it should be online.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Coffin

No score for this post
August 21 2005, 9:25 AM 

True. The photo is real, but the fact that the family did not take it (which we can safly assume) is what is disturbing. It is not bad if someone takes it on their own for their own memories, but not without permission

ELIZALELU
(no login)

Meghan

No score for this post
August 22 2005, 5:31 PM 

http://www.river-phoenix.org/atw/

This is the link to Across The Way.

(no login)

scary

No score for this post
September 14 2005, 6:43 PM 

you are not meant to be lovely when you are dead river was a sweet person and a great actor i miss him.

(Login Nicola_Oasis)

Re: scary

No score for this post
October 1 2005, 6:02 AM 

Apparantly, the picture is real and River was embalmed but whoever did it didnt do a very good job of it.

What i'm thinking is that at the wake, his mum and family members placed items like the flower in the coffin which are pictured in the coffin picture. Is it not procedure that at the wake after people had paid their respects, the coffin is closed for good and then either cremated or buried ? If so, i think it was someone at the wake who could have took the picture.

(Login standbymegrl)

RIVER DEAD

No score for this post
October 13 2005, 6:24 PM 

i have also seen the picture and i really wish i hadnt..its really sad to see him just laying there..so young and dead.tyhe only person ive ever seen dead was my gradfather and even then i cried.He was just too young and its sad to see what drugs can do to a person so full of life.He looked unpeaceful and u could tell that he had been doing drugs for sure.

Butthead
(no login)

Dead as a door nail

No score for this post
October 13 2005, 9:28 PM 

The pic of River Phoenix is not scary. This only proves that you better not mess with drugs, and if you do you better know your limits and what the heck you are shoving up your nose before you do it if you don't wan't to end up dead as a door nail!

(Login keetie)

Re: Dead as a door nail

No score for this post
October 24 2005, 4:02 PM 

It wasn't scary..but it wasn't nice too.
If you dont want to see it..than don't.
He was dark blue when he got to the hospital..they did there best to make something of him..
There are many diffrent story's about what happend..that he was embalmed..etc..
i want to remember ..him how he was..and still is in my memory

Anonymous
(Login ant911)

No score for this post
October 25 2005, 8:02 AM 

I absolutely agree agree Keetie.
I think many of us on here would rather remember the good than dwell on the bad.
Life's too short to focus on the negatives. We should learn from it and move on.

x

Becca
(no login)

No score for this post
October 25 2005, 1:53 PM 

I totally agre Ant. This world is full of abd, everyday, all the time. We need to do positive and stop the negative and focus on what matters.

Colleen
(no login)

No score for this post
November 25 2005, 7:48 PM 

While i agree whoever took the pic needs a good kick.. the picture gave me " closure". In the pic River does look bluish.. especailly his lips. His colour is blotchy. He does look tense. Well i guess because he was so sick when he died. He was so sick that aweful night... he was vomiting and convulsing. I guess dying so violently took a toll on River and it showed in death. Please lets remember him in life. He was such a beautiful person.. i can "feel" River...i cant feel anyone BUT River. He cared about the earth and animals!

xX x River xXx
(Login pheonix70)

No score for this post
April 19 2006, 7:57 AM 

i never meant to look at the coffin picture it just came up on images when i went on to google and i regret looking at it as soon as i saw i felt sick and nearly was. i strongley recommend no body look at it even if you are curious you will regret it for the rest of you life i no i will

xxx

(Login jshapsisnyc)

PIC TALK

No score for this post
April 19 2006, 9:33 AM 

To be honest guys, I have been reading the posts and all of this talk about that pic makes me feel ill. I want to remember him as he was beautiful and full of life not as the picture that came up by accident. I almost gagged.

Kelsey
(Login iloveriver4life)

Re: PIC TALK

No score for this post
April 19 2006, 10:27 PM 

yeah the coffin picture always makes me scared and have a few nightmares.............but then i remember its just river and hes beautiful in every other pic

Ale
(Login aleuberiomult)

No score for this post
April 20 2006, 4:55 AM 

First of all, River with no life in him is not River, so the pic does not interest me. Secondly, and that's the most important, I know from trustful sources that the photo is a fake (it was modified to look scary). Thirdly, the fact that some people exploited River's death with no respect for him or the dead in general is tasteless and disgusting. So I think we should not give satisfaction to these disturbed people and we should therefore forget about the photo. Anyway, the most important is that the pic is manufactured. And that's a fact. But I guess some of you already knew it. At any rate, we all remember River in life, breathing, spreading love all around and being strikingly beautiful inside out. Rest in peace, Riv!

Iliana
(Login illiannna)

No score for this post
April 22 2006, 1:11 PM 

I don't think that the picture in the coffin is scary but when I saw it, it was the only thnig on my mind for a while. It just made me think about how sad it is to lose someone you love and to lose him because of drugs. You see him dead -just liing there lifeless and I'm not sure that afterwards you will be scared but very sad for sure...

(Login Riverfanalways)

No score for this post
April 23 2006, 10:58 AM 

I was MORTIFIED and JOLTED when i saw the pic. I cried my eyes out! Very horrifying coz he looks so unpeacful! Like he was trying so hard to live! SAD!

(no login)

Story

No score for this post
April 28 2011, 10:55 PM 

Back In 1993 I meet Johnny Depp and I heard him say some stuff about River Phoenix and I started to cry a little bit because back In 1993 I got a Maglignent Brain Tumor I actually was about nine when I meet him he said that he died at The Viper Room and I can remember all that back then so that's all I have to say

Kate
(Login RJPfan)

No score for this post
April 6 2012, 11:03 AM 

I wouldn't if I was you. Its disturbing and I couldn't sleep for 2 days, I kept having nightmares. The reason why he looks scary is because the man who took the picture re-arranged his body. Its sick and the man should be ashamed of himself. He was beautiful, just remember him they way he was, don't look at that picture, its disturbing and ain't very nice at all.

(Login Rio-Phoenix1970)

well

No score for this post
August 10 2012, 1:56 PM 

well i have seen this photo of him, but it was by accident. i really didn't mean to click on a link, but when i looked at it, it wasn't scary. all it was, was him laying peacefully in his coffin, looking like a sleeping angel

Current Topic - SCARY RIVER PHOENIX
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>View more postings