<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>View more postings  

Rivers Photo In Coffin

June 29 2005 at 6:21 PM
No score for this post
Jess  (no login)

I think the people on here are right. If you dont want to look at the photo then dont look at it, but for people that do want to look at it, then they obviously have some curiosity in seeing him like this.
For others, maybe it will help them and for others out there that use drugs... maybe it will make them realise what can happen to you!
I think the whole river story is very sad and i loved watching him in films.. especially in Stand By Me when he was playing Chris Chambers! To me.. when he died he was still just a little boy who didnt like all the attention from the media! There was obviously a lot going on in his head that he felt that drugs was the only way for him to be able to deal with it! I dont care if no one else agrees with me, but that is how i feel!
Rest in Peace XXXX

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Ashley15
(Login riversMemory)

Re: Rivers Photo In Coffin

No score for this post
June 30 2005, 4:43 PM 

"I agree"

Jess
(no login)

No score for this post
July 2 2005, 7:01 PM 

Thank you I am glad someone does XXXX Jess

Riv70
(no login)

No score for this post
July 2 2005, 9:20 PM 

Considering the way the picture was taken (not to mention the motive) I think it's awful to have it circulating around the internet, and I think people should NOT look at it. But hey.... just my opinion.

I wondering why anyone would want to see someone dead in a coffinÂ….? I find it sort of bizarre (regardless of who it is).

Jess
(no login)

No score for this post
July 3 2005, 1:50 PM 

Hi there from the not so sunny UK!!
Same here, but there are people out there who are curious and thats why pictures like this are posted on websites cos they know people will have a look! When it gives you a picture to click on and says warning extremely gruesome, people cannot help but click on it! Afterwards i am sure they wish they hadnt like i did, but i have done it now and seen it, so not much i can do! It is hard to get the picture of him in his coffin out of my head now though i must admit!
Jess xx:)

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
July 3 2005, 10:56 PM 

Well then you have no one to blame but yourself

Jess
(no login)

No score for this post
July 4 2005, 12:57 PM 

Yes and if you read my previous message properly then you would know i realise that!

I dont need you to tell me thanks all the same!

Tash
(no login)

Reply to Jess

No score for this post
July 6 2005, 5:05 PM 

Totally agree with you Jess (fellow Brit) I wasn't expecting him to look like that and now I SOOOOO wish I never clicked! As a person who has had a family member die from a drug related death I don't need to see a very gruesome picture to hate what drugs can do to you, but if anyone out there still thinks drugs are nothing but a bit of fun, they should watch River in 'Stand by me' and some of his other films and then they should see that picture!

Jess
(no login)

Re: Reply to Jess

No score for this post
July 8 2005, 4:01 PM 

Hey Tash (fellow brit)
I'm so sorry to learn of your family member that passed away. Thats so sad. Its nice to speak to a fellow Brit on here! I am from Hertfordshire, where are you from?

River was a fabulous actor and Stand By Me is definatley my fave movie! Especially the scene with the milk money! I watched the documentary about it the other day and didnt realise he was crying properly when he filmed that!

Can you believe all the stuff in London over the last few days! makes you realise how lucky you are doesnt it! My friend at work was on the tube carriage behind the one that blew up! . She was saying today that she nearly got on the one in front but it looked to busy so she got on the one behind!!! What a lucky girl she is!

Jess XX:)

Anonymous
(Login river_fan1985)

No score for this post
July 8 2005, 4:14 PM 

they will get who's responsible

Jess
(no login)

No score for this post
July 8 2005, 4:19 PM 

I really hope so! Bastards! All those poor innocent people!
When they find them they should be made to feel what pain really is!!!!!

Ant
(no login)

No score for this post
July 4 2005, 5:54 PM 

Who ever took that picture should be shot for a gross invasion of a families pain and suffering

Jess
(no login)

No score for this post
July 5 2005, 5:36 PM 

I totally agree!

Anonymous
(Login ant911)

No score for this post
July 6 2005, 5:09 PM 

Im glad you agree with that.
If someone had to do that to someone I love Id seriously do some damage to them.

Jess
(no login)

No score for this post
July 8 2005, 4:18 PM 

same here!! well said

Anonymous
(Login river_fan1985)

No score for this post
July 8 2005, 4:21 PM 

me too! you can't just sit back and watch it happen. i'm all for getting even with people who are as low as a snake's belly

Anonymous
(Login river_fan1985)

No score for this post
July 8 2005, 4:23 PM 

hey jess fancy chatting?

Colleen
(no login)

No score for this post
November 25 2005, 8:00 PM 

I am amazed it has been 12 years and people are STILL talking about the coffin photo! I hate to say this.. but its done and over with. Let River rest in peace. I luv him with all my <3 Lets remember him in LIFE!

A concerned man of faith
(no login)

No score for this post
December 2 2005, 7:37 PM 

Its just awful when any one dies, but when some one like River who has given the world joy through entertainment it seems so tragic. After all he was so young, and had an enormous potential. But unfortunately his life was cut so short.
It is so hard also to realize one out of one of us die.

earthfirewaterairreturn
(no login)

No score for this post
December 3 2005, 7:40 AM 

I don't think this coffin picture to be repulsive... Death is normal... I actually didn't believe river was dead until i saw that picture...
I just couldn't cope with my conscience if i had taken that picture and posted it on the internet... obviously some people can... that's how the world works...
I'm sad about his death... but i'm glad i saw that picture once... I wouldn't look at it for another time though... in respect... and because it makes me me even sadder...

Current Topic - Rivers Photo In Coffin
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>View more postings