<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>View more postings  

The funeral

May 2 2006 at 12:49 PM
No score for this post
Iliana  (Login illiannna)

Do you know who went to the funeral? Was it just close friends and famili or were there many celebrities too?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Rain
(Login OoxRa1nxoO)

Re: The funeral

No score for this post
May 2 2006, 1:27 PM 

Funeral as in the viewing and all at the funeral home there in Flordia or the ashes scattering at his parents ranch in Flordia? I know a lot of people showed up to the viewing who weren't invited. It was supposed to be close friends and family morners only. As far as the ashes scattering...Im not positive, but I do know friends/family/ and the Chili Pepper guys.

rikki
(Login rikki444)

No score for this post
May 2 2006, 5:40 PM 

im confused about the whole funeral thing- i knew he was cremated, but i read his ashes were kept at the florida ranch, then i read they were scattered there, then i read an interview with joaquin in which he said:

"there were these hysterical girls at the funeral who almost fell into the grave-it was disgusting"

so im not sure about what happened to him.
i know there was a wake at the families micanopy home after the service where the likes of Keanu Reeves and Dan Aykroyd went.

Rain
(Login OoxRa1nxoO)

No score for this post
May 3 2006, 7:12 AM 

I'm not sure about that quote from Joaquin. River was def. cremated and his ashes were scattered under a beautiful oak tree that he loved to sit under and write music. You can see this from the road...it's beautiful...it's like River put some life into this tree. I heard a lot of false so called quotes in magazines. Remember the magazines can print whatever they want - whether or not its true or right. I hate the media.

Jessica
(Login MystiqueHere)

Where is this oak tree?

No score for this post
May 7 2006, 4:22 PM 

How did you find this out and more importantly, where is this oak tree? It would be nice if there was a place where fans could get together to pay their respects, drop off flowers and mourn.

Colleen
(Login Riverfanalways)

No score for this post
May 7 2006, 1:18 PM 

John Fuciante was not there... hmmmm i wonder why?

lou
(Login lou_360)

get off his back

No score for this post
May 7 2006, 5:43 PM 

well maybe he wasnt there cos he couldnt handle the fact that his best mate had died and everyone would be there judging, it was rivers occasionn and maybe john didnt want to take the spotlight,as you know funerals are very difficult times and just cos you dont go to someones funeral it doesnt mean you dont love and care for them, i dont know why people insist on blaming john - he may have shared his stash with river but they were best friends and friends share, how do you it was johns drug that killed him , it has been said that river would have been fine if it wasnt for the valium at the end , as look how many people recover from speedball od's,john never died, maybe river shouldnt have done the amount he did

Rikki
(Login rikki444)

Re: get off his back

No score for this post
May 7 2006, 7:10 PM 

right on lou- i to am sick of John frusciante getting shit from alot of people. it must kill him to even be aware that there is a chance that what he gave river might have been the straw that broke the camels back. and your also right when you say "friends share"- i dont think alot of people look at it from the point of view of river really LIKING drugs- if john had some "good" stuff, river was gonna want to try some...but it was his choice and his alone x

what are your thoughts on this quote?

"everybody dies.....i dont think it's that big of a deal, for instance in River's case i think it was more of a shame that he was born than he died because he didn't like this... life, he didn't like this place and he's in a better place now" - John Frusciante

ekoostik
(Login hookahville)

No score for this post
May 7 2006, 9:10 PM 

"everybody dies.....i dont think it's that big of a deal, for instance in River's case i think it was more of a shame that he was born than he died because he didn't like this... life, he didn't like this place and he's in a better place now" - John Frusciante

What a stupid assinine comment!

Kelsey
(Login iloveriver4life)

No score for this post
May 7 2006, 10:01 PM 

did john frusciante really say that?? because if he did then thats awful

rikki
(Login rikki444)

No score for this post
May 7 2006, 10:15 PM 

yeah he did, i saw him say it word for word on an interview so it hasn't been edited or anything. i dont know what to think of it, but i dont think i can think its awful of him to say it because he and river were very close, writing music together, recording albums, going on trips so im sure he would not say that "river hated this life, he hated this place" unless river had said similer things to him in the past.

Rain
(Login OoxRa1nxoO)

No score for this post
May 8 2006, 7:38 AM 

The oak tree is at the bottom of their property and is not in a place where fans could go. Its on private land and I'm sure they wouldn't want anyone hanging around there. ALTHOUGH it would be nice. I have driven by and stopped on the road and just looked - which was alright because I didn't hop the fence or anything. It's beautiful there....you can almost feel his energy. I didn't get this information anywhere really....I knew someone who attended his viewing and they knew where his ashes were scattered and showed me.

On another note....River loved life...he just didn't like how most people lived it: abusing animals, eating meat, pollution, cutting down rainforests...etc. You get my drift I'm sure.

ekoostik
(Login hookahville)

No score for this post
May 8 2006, 9:01 AM 

Whether John said it or River said something similiar to John it is a stupid comment. If River really said that, and there's nothing to suggest he did, but IF he did he sounds like a spoiled brat. We all have things that happen to us in life but regardless, from where I sit, he had it pretty damn good. If he didn't like something in life then he should have changed it instead of taking on the "poor me" attitude. JMO

Ale
(Login aleuberiomult)

No score for this post
May 8 2006, 10:40 AM 

River loved life, seeing it as a very beautiful thing, he said it himself!And you can understand it by the way he chose to share with each and one of us his blessed talent and beliefs.

rikki
(Login rikki444)

No score for this post
May 8 2006, 1:05 PM 

"if river really said that, and theres nothing to suggest he did..."

well...there is, isnt there?
i seriously doubt john would say something as strong and direct as that if that was not the impression he had been given by river himself. just a thought. i have no doubt that river did enjoy life, sometimes, the same as everyone- but maybe towards the end he gave up on himself? he had all these ideals and dreams that the world could be this wonderful place and its really not, maybe he became frustrated in a place he could not control? maybe he spoke about things like that and thats where john fruscainte got this impression? who knows....but we cannot say for fact that river LOVED life so much- if he did we would be talking on the "river phoenix fan club forum" and not a board intended to talk about his death...

Ale
(Login aleuberiomult)

No score for this post
May 8 2006, 1:35 PM 

River LOVED LIFE and loved to try new things and experiences, just like he would always play a different type of character all the time. He never thought something that dramatic would happen. On the spur of the moment you can't really have the global perspective. I think he valued a lot his staying on Earth and tried to make it a better place. And he did make a difference. Of course, like everyone, I wish he had better taken care of himself!Rest in peace, Rio!!!

Kelsey
(Login iloveriver4life)

No score for this post
May 14 2006, 10:20 AM 

yeah im sure river loved the earth....i mean theres proof in him being a vegetarian, an animal rights activist, and being a member of PETA for instance........river was very unique and wanted what was best for the earth

I LOVE HIM FOREVER!!!!

Colleen Phoenix
(Login Riverfanalways)

No score for this post
May 21 2006, 9:27 AM 

It does not surprise me John said that. He had to say something to ease his concious! If he keeps saying it over and over MAYBE HE WILL BELIEVE IT COZ I SURE DONT!

Even rivers parents know John gave him the exotic heroin that made his heart explode!

WHO IS JOHN TO MAKE THAT REMARK. RIVER IS NOT HERE TO ADDRESS!

rikki
(Login rikki444)

No score for this post
May 21 2006, 12:06 PM 

made his heart EXPLODE? there are many words for what actually happened..stop?...fail?...- explode is a bit strong.

i think to a certain extent you are right collen- maybe it was all just concions...he was at the height of his own heroin addiction when he said it too, maybe just took some things river said and turned them to make himself feel better?

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>View more postings