Return to Forum  

A Sentimental Wager

July 9 2012 at 1:06 AM

Paseana  (Login Paseana)
Stewards

Chimi Dee went off in the 5th at Hollywood today at 25/1. I suspect that Laffit Pincay and I were the only ones that played her.

My friends at the track love me, but eye-rolling has to happen just because I remember stuff...and obscure stuff at that. Forgive me, but I'm just a nut-case for this sport and its history.

Chimi Dee's dam, Chichim, won a race on Cal-Cup day at Santa Anita back in 2000. The thing that was special about that win was that it was Laffit Pincay's win #9000! Laffit won 6 races that day, and he was going for his 7th on a filly named, unbelievably, Center Of Attention. She lost, but who cared!

Back to today, Chimi Dee is also bred and owned by Marianne Millard, who gave us the unreal filly Melair. She smoked Preakness winner Snow Chief in the 1M Silver Screen.

I played $5 across on Chimi Dee today at 25/1, just because of her momma. When they turned the corner for home, she only had one horse beat, and I pretty much chalked it up. The thing is that the afterburners kicked in at that point and she was eating them up. The wire came just a stride too early. She was a length in front two strides past the wire.

My $5across netted me $100. Her mom was Laffit's 9,000th winner.

A sentimental wager that paid off.....there's really not many of them that do.

This message has been edited by Paseana on Jul 9, 2012 1:08 AM

Respond to this message   
Response TitleAuthorDate
 Re: A Sentimental WagerDellJul 11, 2012, 4:21 PM