<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Last 4 at Bel

September 12 2010 at 12:39 PM
The Bobtail  (Login Bobtailnag)
UpInClass Member

Going into month 7 of what I will always remember as "The Slump" ....

R7 - Eden Is Burning is the no-brainer pick.
A horse that interests me is Miss Marla who moved from a 7% tnr to a 22% tnr 2 back. 1st for new barn was a MC50,000 where she showed some early foot for the first 2 calls then stopped. Tnr now up-grades her into a straight maiden race. Very unusual move for a horse that looked terrible against lesser - unless that fast half mile in last was really just a work.

R8 - Think I'll look past the ML favorite - Flying Sappho. I would have thought Dominguez would have had the call for this one but Cornelio gets the mount while Ramon jumps on Hey Babe and I know there's no way Ritvo has first call on Ramon. I'll put Hey Babe on top here.
Take A Vow and Lights Out Lisa also make the ticket

R9 WritingOnTheWall is 6/1 on the ML? I doubt he goes off at that but even at 4/1 I've gotta use him.
Uncle T Seven is 5/2 on the ML and I think he'll go off higher than that. Kimmel is almost 20% with 2nd off the layoff and this one's PPs show he runs very well 2nd after.
Gimme Credit ran 4th in this race last year but is with a much better tnr now.

R10 - Stargleam & Saratoga Sinner & Motown Shuffle - just because it's his 2nd effort for the rodriguez barn.

good luck all

The Bobtail

Due to today's medical advances, through an incision only a inch long, a doctor can remove your entire bank account.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login kanep)
UpInClass Member

Yes and ...

September 13 2010, 9:16 AM 

A man goes to a doctor and the doctor says, "You only have a month to live." The patient response, "I can't pay you for 2 months." The doctor looks up from the charts and says, "You have only 3 months to live."
So much for my horse bankroll. I get into a dilemma during football season. Who do I bet?? I'm the guy that buys hair growing tonic and then it grows in my ears and they become a jungle.

Larry LaTour
(Login Hezethebest)
Stewards

Re: Last 4 at Bel

September 13 2010, 9:44 AM 

Tough beat for me yesterday, bobtail. Agreed with you on the "lock" in the 7th and made the late DD all Leparoux so for a measly $11.00, my pick 4 ticket looked like this:

1 / ALL / 7 / 2

Probably still comes back $4,500.00 or so if the 2-5 shot gets home in the 7th. Usually I guess wrong on the "all" leg but not yesterday.

LL

Current Topic - Last 4 at Bel  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum