<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Saratoga trainer stats

July 11 2012 at 8:29 PM

Tom Williams  (Login TenFurlongs)
Stewards

I've been working up some trainer statistics based on the last three Saratoga meets. I found a free, easy to drill-down database online. Here are some sample compilations:

In the money at 45% or better (live horses or points to this meet)

[linked image]

Win percentage only tells you so much, let's break it down a bit further; some surprises here

[linked image]

If you have a question about a particular trainer, or category, let me know and I'll try to get you a quick answer.

TW

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

'gooch
(Login frangooch)
UpInClass Member

Re: Saratoga trainer stats

July 11 2012, 9:33 PM 

Great info, Tom. And some of these do have me scratching my head--Clement on turf, Bond on dirt, Rice at a route.

Cluelessly,

'gooch

Quick
(Login QuickCall)
UpInClass Member

July 12 2012, 1:26 AM 

Hey Tom!

I have kept track of statistics from the past three years myself but have not put it all together yet. Can you tell me where you found that program, please?

Look forward to meeting up with you guys soon.

Thanks,
Jeff

Tom Williams
(Login TenFurlongs)
Stewards

July 12 2012, 1:49 PM 

Here are 36 top trainers, ranked by overall win percentage for the last three meets. Red is hot, blue is cold, green is money, brown is sh.....not good.

[linked image]
[linked image]

If anyone would like an emailed copy of this excel document, let me know.

TW

Mike
(Login Boozer_1)
UpInClass Member

July 12 2012, 2:05 PM 

Great stuff Tom. Thanks for sharing your findings. Best of luck on what should be another fantastic meet.

GAM
(Login GAM-II)
UpInClass Member

July 16 2012, 10:34 PM 

Can anyone access this DB? (hint, hint!)

Tom Williams
(Login TenFurlongs)
Stewards

July 17 2012, 10:25 PM 

Jeff and George,

Sorry, I missed your replies on this thread until now. Go to www.edbain.com. Find the link to any trainers name, click on it, and you'll see data for the last three years. Each track, condition, distance and surface is clickable, and you can dig from there. Alternatively, if you have a hard to find trainer, go to google, type in "trainer's name" and "ed bain", and a result will show that links to the stats. You will have to compile your own stats, reports are not selectable, just the raw data. Still, if you are a stats player this is invaluable information in one database. Let me know what you think.

TW

GAM
(Login GAM-II)
UpInClass Member

July 17 2012, 11:31 PM 

Thanks, Tom. Will check it out.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum