<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return To Index  

Need Winners

July 15 2017 at 1:49 PM

Tim   (Login tims70ar)
UpInClass Member

I'm at OP in a tournament. (I didn't know there was one, I just happened to be here.!)

Requires at least one bet eachon tournament tracks: Mon, GP, Laur, Del, & Bel.

15 total bets $20 W-P.

Any help is appreciated.

Tim

This message has been edited by tims70ar on Jul 15, 2017 2:48 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
mikeythehorse
(Login mikeythehorse)
UpInClass Member

6th at monmouth

July 15 2017, 3:21 PM 

City Success. Better hurry.

mikeythehorse
(Login mikeythehorse)
UpInClass Member

One more

July 15 2017, 3:29 PM 

Gulfstream 6th...Lovin Empire...good luck.

timmye1
(Login timmye1)
UpInClass Member

I guess I'm a day late, huh?

July 16 2017, 1:29 PM 

Race 10 at Belmont today (Sunday)- Loving the #3, Runaway Posse at 8-1.

timmye1
(Login timmye1)
UpInClass Member

Re: Need Winners

July 16 2017, 2:20 PM 

By the way, how did you make out yesterday?

timmye1
(Login timmye1)
UpInClass Member

Belmont Today - Sunday

July 16 2017, 3:54 PM 

Missed yesterday for a family function and I'm pretty much chomping on the bit here on this last day of the Belmont meet. I really don't have a great history of making money at Saratoga, so this may be my last chance (hopefully kidding).

Two decent-sized W&P bets for me today. Play along if you want some action but feel comforted if they don't come in first or second because I can promise you I lose more money than you on these choices. wink.gif

Race 10 - #3, Runaway Posse (ML 8-1) - Not a big fan of backing a gelding showing only 3 of 23 wins, but I really am a bit excited to see this closer in a race I feel may have a few who don't want to go this long. Don't expect him too close early and the faster the better up front. I'll know if I have a shot by the half-mile time.

Race 11- #10, Two Down One to Go (ML 12-1) - I can see a few others winning here but I'm intrigued with this gelding who should have been racing on the turf. Started out on the turf in seven consecutive starts, then moved to the dirt in his last nine starts. Hidden Beyers way back on turf hints at ability on the turf, so what if these last nine dirt races have him set now? Also like seeing he's been protected from a claim since the AQ inner in January. We'll see.

Nonetheless, I hope I at least entertained you losers with my BS comments! lol

gallantbob
(Login gallantbob)
Stewards

July 16 2017, 4:26 PM 

I can't imagine hitting this pick four and not getting paid. Four contentious legs. Gonna spend a little extra to go deeper.

I'll use your pick in the finale, but there may be a little too much speed for him to deal with. Going one spot further inside for my key, Fulmer, but I'm still at least 5-6 deep.

10th race is a real puzzle. I really want to be against the 1, El Talento. Lots of speed possible and sets up for your closer, but him, LOL and the scratched Grey Fox coming out of the same race are all dedicated hangers. As of now, I've marked up 5,8,9 11 as "A" and 2,3,6 as "C."

This message has been edited by gallantbob on Jul 16, 2017 4:49 PM

timmye1
(Login timmye1)
UpInClass Member

July 16 2017, 4:54 PM 

G'bob, I also used your pick in the finale. Cheap P4's today. Decent W&P bets, though I like my 10th race pick more than the 11th. If you have time, watch the video of Runaway Posse in his last start...

Either way, good luck today my friend.

timmye1
(Login timmye1)
UpInClass Member

July 16 2017, 5:41 PM 

Still alive, g'bob? I had this one and now need the 2-3-7-9 to go ahead for leg 3. But I need at least one of my two in the last two legs to have a shot in the P4 because I singled both in different bets to keep the price down. In addition to W&P bets, of course.

gallantbob
(Login gallantbob)
Stewards

July 16 2017, 6:02 PM 

Barely. Had the four marked as a B on the form, but a C on the ticket. Thought the six would argue the front end in the eighth. Did key the winner of the ninth and covered with pick threes. Crowd loves the one in the tenth. Hope they're wrong. Other Pletcher, anyone?

gallantbob
(Login gallantbob)
Stewards

July 16 2017, 6:28 PM 

Hate the 1 here. Reverse jinx.

Saw that move and thought you were home free.

This message has been edited by gallantbob on Jul 16, 2017 6:38 PM

timmye1
(Login timmye1)
UpInClass Member

July 16 2017, 6:40 PM 

So did I! By the top of the stretch to the finish line, I purchased a new car and then reversed it (only kidding, but I really thought I was a winner there).

gallantbob
(Login gallantbob)
Stewards

July 16 2017, 6:43 PM 

I'm OK WITH THE 1,4,6,9. If your ten stays north of 10-1 I might save. I had three as a C, getting some sneaky money. Maybe.

Tims70ar
(Login tims70ar)
UpInClass Member

July 16 2017, 7:08 PM 

In my defense Timmy---
I didn't handicap any before going there.
I didn't know there was a tourney.
When I got behind, I only played 15-1 or longer.

That said- I grossed $50 in a 15 race $20 WP event.

However I did win my entry fee back in a 'door prize' drawing. + free lunch buffet.

[linked image]

gallantbob
(Login gallantbob)
Stewards

July 16 2017, 7:40 PM 

Worst good result.

This message has been edited by gallantbob on Jul 16, 2017 7:41 PM

timmye1
(Login timmye1)
UpInClass Member

July 17 2017, 9:46 AM 

At least you collected, g'bob. Good job!

For anyone other than g'bob reading this post, watch the video of the 10th race at Belmont yesterday (Sunday). I had a $50 W&P bet on the #3, Runaway Posse at 6.30-1 odds. I was all set to reach for my calculator to see how much I had won. Boy, this game can be so tough at times! lol

eye123
(Login eye123)
UpInClass Member

July 17 2017, 10:12 AM 

I saw the race, he looked like a winner turning for home.....then, well...like you said, a tough humbling game....

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return To Index